Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2022, 07:04 PM   #1
SLCWeaver

Water tank valve?

When I turn my water pump on water comes out of the city water connection ? I’d there a valve to go to tank water or something and where is it.

I have 2009 raptor 380 toy hauler
SLCWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:14 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The center of the city water connection is a one way valve. It’s possible that it’s just stuck, turn off the water pump and make sure there isn’t any pressure in the lines by opening a faucet. Then gently press the center of the city water connection. It might seat correctly and problem fixed. If not then you’ll need to replace it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
SLCWeaver

Thanks for your help.

I’ve had it connected to city water for the last 6 months. I tried to use tank water the other day after filling the tank and disconnecting from the city supply. When you said “gently press the center of the city water connection” I’m not sure what you mean ?
SLCWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
bobbecky

Look at the photo, and in the middle of the fitting is the check valve and that little pin in the center is what you will push on. It may be off center, not allowing it to seat properly. https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Camper...51&sr=8-6&th=1
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:23 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

When you disconnect the city water hose, you probably won't be able to see the inlet valve stem. It will be behind the screen hose washer. Remove the screen washer and the valve should be visible.

If the stem is missing, there's your problem.

If the stem is dislodged and you pull it out, you created a problem.

If the stem is dislodged and you can GENTLY reposition it, you may be OK for a while. How long? That depends on how worn or how much buildup is on the valve stem.

An option for you, if the valve is not functioning would be to purchase a "male garden hose plug" and screw it into the city water connection. That will effectively seal the leak and allow you to go "indefinitely" before you need to replace the city water connection. For some, it's an alternative to get them through the trip, for some it's a "solution that they never felt the need to go further"and it becomes their "permanent fix"....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	city water with screen.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	39588   Click image for larger version

Name:	city water without screen.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	39589   Click image for larger version

Name:	city water male end plug.jpg
Views:	22