Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #1
LegionX

Hideout 250BH Wiring Diagram - Looking For It

Hey! This forum has helped me in the past. Short story, we are uninstalling our solar system (just bought a house) but I'm having trouble finding my photos of the original wiring in the breaker box. 2021 Keystone Hideout 250BH.

I know the following:
Shore Power Cable: white goes to white bus bar, green goes to green bus bar, and black goes to main breaker

DC Output from Converter: white goes to NEG terminal and the red goes to the +VCC terminal

AC Input for Converter: of course green goes to green bus bar and white goes to white bus bar BUT I can't figure out where the black wire goes. There isn't an extra breaker and I don't recall any of the breakers being double tapped.

Please help. Crossing my fingers someone has a Hideout that could take a couple pictures

Thanks a ton!!!

Oh...and eventually we may list the solar system setup on here. It's a 1kW system...all Victron components.
LegionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 02:22 PM   #2
LegionX

Update...

I was able to determine that the lone black wire from the "Converter" should be connected so that it charges the battery when connected to shore power. But I'm sure there has to be something in between it and the shore power. I don't feel it would be safe to directly connect the converter to the shore cable unless it's through a breaker or fuse. Again though, I don't remember any breaker being double tapped and all already have a connection.

gr....what am I missing...?
Old 03-19-2022, 03:35 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

That black wire from the converter goes to the REC/CON circuit breaker on the AC power panel circuit breaker row.

Any schematic, plumbing diagram, electrical run diagram or wall stud diagram are "impossible to locate". Keystone considers that to be "confidential information, not releasable to anyone outside the factory"... Dealerships don't even have access to those drawings.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:57 AM   #4
LegionX

Awesome!!! Thanks a ton!!!
Old 12-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #5
Clint A

My solar outlets are not working. Is it because the battery is low, or why isn't the solar panel keeping the battery charged. What else should I check?
Clint A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If you have AC outlets that are labeled “solar” there must be an inverter to convert the 12VDC to 120VAC.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint A View Post
My solar outlets are not working. Is it because the battery is low, or why isn't the solar panel keeping the battery charged. What else should I check?
You posted to someone else's thread, and there is no indication of what trailer you might have, other than what's listed in your profile ("hide out" is all that's listed).

The current model Hideout trailers are equipped with the SolarFlex 200 system.

Here is what's included in that package:
SOLARFLEX 200 COMPONENTS
30A solar roof port w/ MC4 connectors & 10 AWG MPPT solar charging circuit
Future Solutions 200-watt solar panel
15A Victron SmartSolar MPPT controller w/ Bluetooth app
Inverted 110v loop prep with up to 7 outlets (inverter not included)
Zamp Solar portable solar panel charge port
Batteries not included

Unless you or someone else installed an inverter, then you do not have any "solar outlets" that would have power when the trailer is not connected to shore power.

IF your trailer is a current year model, then there is an optional lithium 100 amp/hour battery available from the factory. IF that was ordered with your trailer, then the Victron SmartSolar MPPT controller may have been connected at Keystone. Otherwise, if your trailer was shipped without that optional battery, then your dealer installed the battery and may (or probably did not) connect the solar system to the "dealer supplied battery".

If your trailer is not a "new, current model" then there's no way for anyone to know what year it is or what equipment might be installed in it.

Much more detailed information on what trailer you have, what equipment is installed in it, whether you have added an inverter to power those "solar outlets" and whether the dealership might have "skipped connecting your solar system".....

Have any of those outlets ever worked when not on shore power? Has the solar system ever charged your battery before this post and the questions you ask?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout, wiring, wiring diagram