Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2021, 05:39 AM   #1
1buckeyefan1

Keystone Terrain 250TRS - is this right?

Hi all, new to the forums, looking to upgrade from my Trailmanor to an Outback. I'm going to look at a 2015 Keystone Terrain 250TRS tonight. It looks to be in great shape, and I've been analyzing the pictures before I make the 7hr round trip to go look at it.

Something that has been striking me as odd is the configuration of the rear sofa and the carpet. the current owner says that the previous owner removed the rear sofa to make it more of a step platform. disappointing, but it is was it is now. Simiilar for removing the dinette and replacing with a loveseat..

What has me puzzled is the carpet in the rear? almost every picture of a 250 TRS, URS, etc has vinyl flooring in the rear.. and it almost looks like the rear air duct is missing or covered up?

Does anyone have any feedback? I obviously can't go tear up the carpet or open the underbelly before i purchase.. but is this rear carpet a factory setup?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	REAR.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	33635   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	33636   Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	33637  
1buckeyefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:48 AM   #2
1buckeyefan1

Well, i figured it out after a trip there. the camper listed as 'no leaks' previously had a massive water leak that went through the rear bed, floor, and rear sofa. Someone tried covering up the floor w/ luan and carpet and didn't bother to re-cut the rear vent. that's also why the rear cushions were missing. But the current owner didn't bother to clean the 5' diameter ball of mold under the rear mattress and creeping up the curtains.

I don't understand why folks try to prey on naive camper buyers? This guy could have at least tried to hide it..
1buckeyefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:55 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Sorry you had to make such a long drive to find a POS. There are lots of unscrupulous people out there, ready to swindle people out of hard earned money, and some of those people run RV dealerships. Keep looking, you’ll find the right one for you.

BTW, welcome to the forum

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone