Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
jaydencali

Keystone Larado 29BHS

Hi All,

We are relatively new members to the travel trailer family and were wondering what is "acceptable" asfar as issues to have in the first two years of ownership? We purchased on 29 BHS two years ago and have already had to use our first year warranty as well as the extended warranty. In our first time using it the water pump failed. They replaced it with no problem. The second issue was with the power lift jack. We actually got stranded and needed to manually crank it down onto the hitch. They replaced the jack. The next item to go was the converter and the microwave. They replaced it. The next issue was discovering that our bedroom wall was botched and patched up either at the dealer or the manufacturer. They replaced it. We also have had leaks from the toilet which seeped under the wall and into the next room. They said they fixed it but it still leaks. They also replaced the valve which is used for dumping grey or black water since the juices would spill out on me while taking the cap off to unload said materials. Oh yea; they have had to repair the bunks in the bunk house since my 125lb wife stepped up on the bunk to make the bed. Capacity is over 200lb!

Are we beeing picky and expecting too much from this camper or should I continue with my complaints to the Consumer Protection folks?

Thanks much!
jaydencali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
TAScarbee

Too Many Problems

Problems will and do occur, it is hard to always pinpoint a certain model or type, since most units are "custom" made. There are two ways to look at this, you have found the flaws and had them corrected or this just might be a lemon. I would talk to my dealer, tell him any more trouble will be the straw that breaks the camels back and look at my options in replacing the unit.
TAScarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
rushgt

I will be the first to admit I am not all up to speed on problems with TT's, but your issues sure do seam excessive to me. Between myself and the people that go camping with us often, there are 6 new TT's and none of them have had any issues like what you mention at all. I would definitely talk to your dealer about all the problems you have encountered. I agree with the above post, it almost sounds like you got a lemon.

The Holmestead
rushgt is offline   Reply With Quote