Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Camping#52

2017 Keystone Impact

Hello All, I am a new member and I am having some issues with my 2017 Keystone Impact Toy Hauler. We noticed the very back floor by the ramp is very soft. We took it to the dealer for this issue and have a brake wiring recall completed. The dealer is telling me the submitted the information to Keystone stating the Rubber gasket seal @ ramp door not sealing properly. Keystone is not willing to cover due to my one year warranty expiring 2/11/18. I keep my toyhauler under a carport, so it doesn't get rained on. The dealer is saying it will be almost $1400 to repair.

I have tried to get this covered, because this is something has apparently been leaking for awhile.

Any suggestions or issues any of you have had?
Camping#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
roadglide

Are you seeing light while standing inside the garage? My 311 has leaked in heavy rains. I fasten a wratchet strap from patio door hanger to the hippie bed vertical rail that snugged the garage door up tight. My 311 is in a pole barn protected from the weather.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #3
Camping#52

Hi, Thank you for responding. We have not noticed any light coming through, but actually we haven't looked. It is in the shop, which is an hour away. I just feel that has been an issue with the seal from when I bought it and it is just now causing obvious issues.
Camping#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:11 AM   #4
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping#52 View Post
Hi, Thank you for responding. We have not noticed any light coming through, but actually we haven't looked. It is in the shop, which is an hour away. I just feel that has been an issue with the seal from when I bought it and it is just now causing obvious issues.
You can try tighten the bolts on the latches 3/4 wrench backing off the lock nut on the latch . The only support on the dove is angle iron ,colorplas and 1 inch plywood with rubber, getting under the garage you see what the damage is. . What did the dealer tell you about the damage other then replacing a 50 dollar garage seal?
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone