Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
DMK

Raptor Bedroom Slide Floor

Anyone in here have experience replacing a slide room floor? I have a Raptor 300mp and noticed the angle trim in the bottom of the bedroom slide loosing screws, upon further inspection loosing screws due to water damage!

Did a quick search but not finding much. This is a hydraulic slide. I believe the material on the bottom exterior is filon? Not sure where to find this, but figure I will replace the floor with a marine grade plywood.

Wondering with support if I could replace leaving slide in the hole and dropping out old floor and sliding in new one? Or if the whole room must come out? If anyone has experience with this type of repair would love to hear from you!

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

We have replaced a couple of slide floors. Unfortunately it has to come out and then lay on its side. The floor is most likely a pressboard and covered with a waterproof fabric. Not an easy project by any means and we used marine grade plywood.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
We have replaced a couple of slide floors. Unfortunately it has to come out and then lay on its side. The floor is most likely a pressboard and covered with a waterproof fabric. Not an easy project by any means and we used marine grade plywood.
I was afraid of that I was hoping that maybe one could support it and sneak the old floor out and a new one in from the bottom. Marine grade plywood for sure and I wonder where I can get the "filon"? for the bottom?

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

You use this:
https://www.all-rite.com/underbelly-material

It’s sold by the foot, might be able to source it locally.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You use this:
https://www.all-rite.com/underbelly-material

It’s sold by the foot, might be able to source it locally.
Chuckster, thats DARCO, not the same material thats on the bottom of my slide. It's a fiberglass material I believe they call it "filon".

Old 05-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

You can get Filon in 4X8 sheets. If that’s a big enough sheet, you should be able to get it at any RV parts house. Shipping is going to be what makes it expensive. We get it for front/rear cap replacements so I know it’s available.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I think the forum ought to start getting a "kickback" from Trekwood, as often as we refer members to them for parts for their trailers.... Anyway, FILON is available at Trekwood at this link: http://www.trekwood.com/products/144...016-045-w-Film

It is $5.45 per running foot, 96" wide. The problem is in shipping as it can't be folded, must be rolled and shipped via freight. That means the price goes up considerably. FILON should be available at any RV parts store or RV center. They will probably double the price over Trekwood's pricing, but even that, for 3 or 4 feet, shouldn't be too outrageous.

It is available "plain", "on corrugated backing (cardboard) and on Luan backing (1/8" plywood). Your outer floor sheeting should be "plain" and is glued to the bottom sheet of your floor structure.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I think the forum ought to start getting a "kickback" from Trekwood, as often as we refer members to them for parts for their trailers....
Yes, thanks I do know that the filon needs to be glued to the plywood. and I figure on using a marine grade plywood. Sorry, but as far as Trekwood is concerned they are nothing but crooks! Everything they sell is about 100% more than anywhere else on the planet! For just about any part I have ever looked up on their site! No thanks!

Old 05-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMK View Post
Yes, thanks I do know that the filon needs to be glued to the plywood. and I figure on using a marine grade plywood. Sorry, but as far as Trekwood is concerned they are nothing but crooks! Everything they sell is about 100% more than anywhere else on the planet! For just about any part I have ever looked up on their site! No thanks!
Yours is the first complaint I've heard or seen about Trekwood. Maybe you should read the "next two sentences" in my response: "FILON should be available at any RV parts store or RV center. They will probably double the price over Trekwood's pricing, but even that, for 3 or 4 feet, shouldn't be too outrageous."

Anyway, Good luck finding what you need.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #10
DMK

Yes, sorry I know you were just trying to help. I will locate what I need, it just won't be from Trekwood!

Old 11-03-2018, 05:52 AM   #11
djisarob

I was curious if anybody has replaced the bedroom slideout floor too as I need to tackle it also. Any tips on doing this?
djisarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #12
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by djisarob View Post
I was curious if anybody has replaced the bedroom slideout floor too as I need to tackle it also. Any tips on doing this?
The advice I got on here earlier was "to remove the slide put it on it's side and remove and replace the floor".

I was actually able to remove the bed frame from the inside, extend the slide room out as far as I could, then supported the slide room with 2x6's on each side (like stilts). Dropped the old floor out the bottom. Put a new piece in after wrapping it with Darco (wrapped only the edges and bottom so moisture can escape). The old floor was so rotten I was able to clean and reuse the Filon on the bottom! Glad it was the bedroom slide, not sure if you could do this on the main slide.

I took pictures, but they are on my google pics cloud somewhere...

Big lesson here is stay on top of all the sealant on all the joints, and there is plenty of them!

Tags
bed, bedroom, floor, raptor, slide