Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #1

Floor Duct

I have a 2011 29910BH, I know its still under warrenty, but do to distance to dealer i thought i might ask here if this is a simple fix. I have no air blowing out of my floor vents for heater. I have already checked the duct conections at the furnace and there is air going into the duct tubes but nothing coming out of either one of the floor vents. And i can look through the floor vents and see the duct attached to the vent. Any ideas
Thanks
2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
f6bits

Welcome to my world. The ducts are pinched. I dropped the belly covering at the rear and discovered way too much ducting for such a short run to the vent at the bathroom door, and it was pinched. I unpinched it and did some rerouting, but when I have more time, I’ll cut off the excess length and do a better job running it. The front bedroom duct probably has the same issue, but the belly covering is harder to get off due to more obstructions. I’ll get to this one eventually.

I’d take it to the dealer, but that takes too long and I think I can do a better job. I suspect they’ll just hack away at the belly covering to get at what they need to do and just unpinch, but but not clean up the original installation.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
therink

Drop a small mirror down the vents at an angle and look with a flashlight. You will be able to inspect the entire duct run for collapses, debris, restrictions, etc.
If there is a problem, you will likely know where without the need to pull down the entire belly.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Frogdown

Same Problem

I had the same problem with my 2012 Sydney 5th wheel. I took it to a dealer for several problems and so they fixed it. There were 2 problems with mine. There was a blockage and also a panel on the furnace that was not properly attached so effectively it had a large leak. Works great now.
Frogdown is offline   Reply With Quote