Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
rickhz

2003 Everest 5th wheel - Mystery switches...

In the bathroom there are three switches mounted to the wall. One is by itself and it turns on the bathroom light. Below it is a pair of switches in one bezel which seem to do nothing. Did Keystone ever install heating pads in their holding tanks? If that's not it I'm really at a loss.

Any ideas?
rickhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Our Holiday Rambler had two "extra switches" in the bathroom. One was for the gas water heater control and the other was for the water pump. I've not seen tank heater switches installed in the bathroom before (there's a first for everything) as usually they are on the main control panel.

You might, next time you've got the basement unloaded, pull the rear wall and do some "wire tracing" based on the color of the wires that connect to those two switches.

When you find out for sure, post the results, sooner or later someone else will ask the same question and the answer will be available.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
rickhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Our Holiday Rambler had two "extra switches" in the bathroom. One was for the gas water heater control and the other was for the water pump. I've not seen tank heater switches installed in the bathroom before (there's a first for everything) as usually they are on the main control panel.

You might, next time you've got the basement unloaded, pull the rear wall and do some "wire tracing" based on the color of the wires that connect to those two switches.

When you find out for sure, post the results, sooner or later someone else will ask the same question and the answer will be available.
I have a separate switch for the WH just outside the bathroom door, and the water pump is on the main panel near the entrance door. I will definitely post if I learn what the mystery switches control.
rickhz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel