Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
tperonek

in command reset

I have a 16 Montana 3790 with in command. When I run out of propane while the generator is running I cant restart it from my app or control panel. How do I reset it so I don't have to go outside and start it manually at the generator?
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Are you asking how to reset the in-Command system. I have to reset mine sometimes due to lost connection to the BCM. In that case, you have to cut power. I do that by turning off the battery disconnect and turning off the converter if connected to shore power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
tperonek

great

Thank you I will try that
Old 07-03-2016, 05:47 AM   #4
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

I have noticed my will reboot on its own if the control pad loses communication with the BCM... but you have to wait a bit.

I'm going to see if there are any software updates that might address any bugs. Clearly there are issues. Mine normally has issues after is has been running for extended periods (weeks) without a shutdown. I have a 50/30/20 RV outlet on my garage, so I can easily go months without rebooting.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 AM   #5
bitten

in command reset

My control pad is not responding to any inputs. I can't control lights or put slides or awnings in or out. The screen highlights that I hit a button but nothing happens. Reset required? My 3720RL is plugged into shore power full time at the house with a/c running at 80 degrees.
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:18 PM   #6
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

I don't know why the iN-Command locks up and/or command screen (touch pad in coach, phone, etc.) looses communication with the BCM... but when it happens, the unit will either recognize a problem and reboot itself, or you have to reboot it manually.

I have only seen it reboot itself a couple of times, however I have had to reboot it manually probably 10 times.

To reboot manually, you simply need to kill the power to the unit. The easiest way is to turn the converter off (turn off the converter breaker in the power panel) AND turn your battery disconnect off. After a few seconds turn both of those things back on. You don't have to unplug from shore power to do this.

Once turned on, you should be up and running in a minute or two.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #7
bitten

Thanks for answer
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 AM   #8
xcntrk

Just wanted to add my $.02 to the conversation.

My In-Command does the same. Occasional system errors and sporadic reboots (system busy, BCM not connected, under-voltage fault). It's actually in the shop getting looked into as we speak. One observation however is that I've never had to reboot the unit. Each time the control disconnects from the BCM, if it doesn't recover it gives you an option to restart it.

Are you folks rebooting the unit due to other reasons than a loss of control connection to the BCM?

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk View Post
Just wanted to add my $.02 to the conversation.

My In-Command does the same. Occasional system errors and sporadic reboots (system busy, BCM not connected, under-voltage fault). It's actually in the shop getting looked into as we speak. One observation however is that I've never had to reboot the unit. Each time the control disconnects from the BCM, if it doesn't recover it gives you an option to restart it.

Are you folks rebooting the unit due to other reasons than a loss of control connection to the BCM?

My problem has always been "BCM not connected ", but very few times allowed for a restart. Most of the time I have to kill power to force restart.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
jlensi

Rather than go outside and disconnect the power to reboot, try this ... Press and hold down the power button for a few seconds and it will kill the DC to the system and reboot it.
jlensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #11
lonewolftx

Wink Re: in command reset

[QUOTE=jlensi;209097]Rather than go outside and disconnect the power to reboot, try this ... Press and hold down the power button for a few seconds and it will kill the DC to the system and reboot it.[/QUOTEd

You should do this "turn off" anytime you leave the Rig for extended times. Otherwise the computer just sleeps vs. turns off. Also there is an info tab on the phone app which gives you access to many things: software updates, CS & Tech phone numbers, etc.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote