Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
Larry1013

WineGard setup instructions URL for Dish/Direct TV

It seems some have questions on how to setup their Dish or Direct TV receivers to their Winegard sat antenna, such as the Carry Out. The url below lets you select your sat provider and the sat antenna for instructions on how to set up the connection.

I know that every time I take the Dish 211K out of the bedroom at home for a trip for use with my Carry Out antenna, I have to remember what to do. Downloading these directions and saving to my computer will sure help in the future when the old noggin is in hat rack mode.

Hope this helps you also.

http://www.winegard.com/support?supp...r_Setup_Guides

A side note for Dish, not sure about Direct TV, require you to input the zip code for your RV park location to accurately setup the sat/receiver connection/aiming.

Not sure if this has been posted before. I did a cursory search but didn't find anything. If it is a repeat, then please delete.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
Pappydude

Direct TV requires the same........gotta know the zip code.
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
cardinal96ss

Great info

Thanks. These things sure can be problematic.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:30 AM   #4
{tpc}

Where do you input the zip? I have a pathway x2, and maybe besides the very first setup (and even that I don't recall) I don't think I've had to input the zip anywhere.

I looked at the instructions for both the x2 and g2 and I didn't see the mention of inputting a zip code. Doesn't mean i didn't miss it though lol.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #5
Larry1013

The zip code is put into the Dish or Direct receiver during antenna setup. The external satellite does not need any zip code just the receiver.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:18 AM   #6
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1013 View Post

A side note for Dish, not sure about Direct TV, require you to input the zip code for your RV park location to accurately setup the sat/receiver connection/aiming.
Larry,

I guess this was what I was referring to. Maybe it is specific to the 211k receiver vs the 211z? When I set mine up, I plug it in, it asks for me to pick one set of 3 satellites (east or west coast), and a state. Then it runs through looking for the sat's.

Now maybe it has something to do with the x2 where it automatically aim's, I'm not sure. But I can pick either set of sat's and any state I want and it will work. This is especially helpful when the trees are blocking one view of the sky or the other.

The other thing is that I really don't know what they use the "state" part for. I've been in ohio, choosing the west coast sat's, and ohio as the state and still pick up my local channels from michigan.

Yes I do recall entering the zip when I first set up the receiver. But it has never asked for it since then, and it stays unplugged for months at a time.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
Larry1013

not sure on the 211z. I know the 211k uses the zip to show you the signal strength for the satellite you are pointed at. Maybe the 211z is more intelligent?