Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
yocsr

5 hr pdi

We had our pdi scheduled 1pm saturday, and I called them and let them know I would be coming early to do my own pre-pdi so as not to tie the tech up as long. The dealer (Colerain RV - Indianapolis) said fine. We got there at 10am and when they saw us they pulled the unit in side the show room and said to take as long as we need. They said if we need anything just ask. I asked them if I could bring my ladder in to check the roof - I didn't have to they brought me one. They never once pressured us in any way. I found two window seals, one brake connectionsix seal areas on roof that they took care of immediately. This unit they brought from Ohio store just for us, because of territories they weren't allowed to actually sell in Indiana. I told them I wasn't taking the 6hr drive to Ohio. The Indy manager went above and beyond to get it done for us. They had me put $500.00 down which would be applied to the sale but was non-refundable if we didn't buy to cover transport costs. This was totally understandable as they transported it here and if we didn't buy it would have to take it back .We found a small slit in a corner of a vinyl bar top, the led light bar was missing a part, and they didn't send the 32'' tv with the unit. The dealer gave me a sign paper stating they would ship these to us. The tech went thru everything including filling all tanks to check for leaks with us. We had an excellent experience, hauled the unit to our lake property and got it all set up sat. evening and we are very happy.
yocsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Thumbs up

Congrats on new trailer .... always nice to hear of good treatment from dealers. Enjoy it for many years to come, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
Steve S

So good to hear that everything went smoothly with the dealer, sounds like some great guys
It's also great to hear that you spent the time and went over every detail of your trailer Too many people rush through it and end up disappointed
So where's the first trip?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
yocsr

Thank you. The one and only trip is made. We own 25 acres and half a lake. We already had the pad set and took it straight there. We got it set and stayed saturday night and sunday night. Everything was great. I did everything I possibly could to make it a trouble free experience. We are thorughly enjoying it.
yocsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
therink

Sounds like you covered everything. It is good to hear others take the advice given on this forum. There are always a few things found during a good "buyer" PDI that most dealers dont check or simply overlook. This will save you at least one trip back to the dealer. Now go and enjoy the new rig.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote