Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #101
Keystoned

Just got a quote from DT. 126 ea plus 21 ea mounted and balanced. 50 rebate until end of month and another 20 using their credit card (pay off full balance in time or get screwed), so 665 plus tax for 5 tires.
Vs CW at 121 ea plus 27 m&b plus tax, no rebates? So 740 plus tax for 5 tires...or 690 if rebate available.

4x4 Diesel Shortbed
Keystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #102
Craigcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
Iíll be interested to hear what the others have to say on this. In my opinion, good ST tires are better for a trailer. From what I understand, ST tires are much stiffer and carry the load of the trailer better. They can be stiffer because they are on axles that donít turn. A steering axle requires the tire to flex more.

I am by no means an expert, like I said, that is my understanding of it.
I have received the exact opposite feedback. They said a trailer tire needed to "flex". I put firestone LT tires on the 5th wheel and loved them. It seemed like the trailer went down the road much better. Who knows but they were made in the USA unlike any other trailer tire I could find. I went to the firestones after a china bomb detonated.

Craigcounty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires