Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
PhilB228

2008 Keystone Springdale 266 converter issues

Hello all... I have an 08 Keystone Springdale 266 and I've been full timing in it all summer. I've been connected to 15amps of shore power ( running a 30 to 15 amp dog bone). I haven't had any issue so far until now. I noticed that all of my 12v lights were dim, so I went and checked voltage at the battery with multimeter. 8.32v !?! YIKES. so I went in and checked reverse polarity fuses. They seemed fine. Then when I inserted one back in the converter fan started going....weird. Does anyone know why? I haven't checked voltage yet.
PhilB228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
Stangfire

I would probably put a new fuse in for the converter. Maybe the current one had a bad contact.
Stangfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:13 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

I would suspect a corroded or poor mechanical (loose) fuse to fuse holder connection or a loose wire on the board. Check the screws on the wires on the board with ALL POWER DISCONNECTED, BOTH SHORE POWER AND BATTERY GROUND). Take the opportunity to spray all connections with some electric contact cleaner.

Pull battery and have it load tested. Voltage that low is basically a completly drained battery that very likely has permanently damaged it and it will never fully charge again. Most every auto parts store will load test a battery at no cost.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, keystone, springdale