Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2023, 08:20 AM   #1
JohnBike

SpringdaleRadio Antenna

The Jensen radio in our TT has a coax connected in back. The coax disappears into the back wall. I was hoping it would also be connected to the cable entry on the outside of the trailer.
If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the help.
Old 09-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

It will be connected to the roof antenna via either the KeyTV box or booster.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #3
Bingo 57

Raido

I have a Springdale now too, with the coax going into the wall as will. however this unit has no exterior antenna... sooo I gently tugged it & pop out it came with a clean cut end!!! Never connected to nothin !! Fix for me Amazon to the rescue. Just found 1 that sticks to the window & routed the cable to the radio. now I have tunes.

Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 06:57 PM   #4
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo 57 View Post
I have a Springdale now too, with the coax going into the wall as will. however this unit has no exterior antenna... sooo I gently tugged it & pop out it came with a clean cut end!!! Never connected to nothin !!
Look closely at the brand marker on your radio. Is it "Potemkin?"

It seems pretty unbelievable that anyone at the factory would go to those lengths to do nothing. I suspect it really was attached to something on the other side of the wall, but with a crappy or missing crimp job, and just left its connector behind. (Do you happen to have KeyTV?)

Tags
antenna, radio, springdale