Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Clark

2012 Slide Overide

Hello folks I am Hoping to get some input from fellow passport owners on the slide overide for the 2510Rb model The motor on the bal accuslide is mounted above the slide in the middle on the side wall, I see no way to use the 12 inch extension with a drill to pull the slide in incase of failure of the motor there is not much room between the ceiling and the slide to reach in there and if you could the slide will be pushing you away from the motor, my dealer had no answer for nor keystone i have called them twice, any advice much appreciated
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
JerJan10

Manual slide operation

Our Copper Canyon unit has Lippert slides. Because the unit has opposing slides, there is no “thru-the-frame” access to manually operate the slides. I saw a post on some RV site that described how to cut a hole in the underbelly cover in order to access the slide motors. I haven't been able to find the RV post/web site again.

Just after we brought the unit home I unfastened the underbelly cover on both sides under the slides. I could see the slide mechanisms and the hex adapter that is used for manual operation on the motor end of the screw mechanism. It is a 5/8” hex adapter. I used a large cardboard box to support the center of the underbelly cover while I had the screws removed. The screws have a 3/8 hex head and are the so called self-threading type.

I used a cordless drill with a 5/8 socket to move the slides in a little bit and then back out, it seemed to work OK. The RV manual has some generic information on how to manually operate the slides but nothing specific to our 273FWRET. The Lippert manual (pg 6) specifies that the battery be disconnected when manually operating the slides. The Lippert manual (pg 6) also warns that when you are operating the slides manually, be careful not to over-extend or over retract the slides. If you use the manual method to extend/retract the slides, have a helper watch the slides to tell you when they are fully extended/retracted so that you don’t overdo it.

I measured and marked where to cut the holes if I ever need to. Since I hope to never have to operate the slides manually I didn’t cut any holes in the underneath-cover.

For my slides, turning the hex adapter Clockwise to Retract, Counterclockwise to extend.

Sorry this reply is so long! JT
JerJan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
JerJan10

Clark, I also intended to say in the beginning of my reply that although my unit is different from yours, the slide is probably the same Lippert slide that Keystone uses.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Clark

jerjan thanks for the reply i appreciate , But no my unit has the BAL accuslide system with the cables, I have researched this system and i see no wat to overide it without problems, Due to keystone rv,s design thanks
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
JerJan10

Oops!

NOW I see the slide brand in your post, sorry. Good luck with it, hope you find a solution..
Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
hwhtech

Your unit should have come with 2 flexible hoses(or 1 for each s/o you have) to attach to the shaft on the side of the motor. To get to the motor, 1st Remove the cover on the top center of the s/o fascia covering the motor (Usually has 2 or 4 screws covered with plugs) than put the female end of the hose onto the shaft and the other end into a drill to bring the slide out IN or OUT. Becareful depending on your model trailer the top of the slide out may be to close the the ceiling of the trailer and you can get "pinched" between the two. Hope this helps if you need more help let me know. Good luck
hwhtech is offline   Reply With Quote