Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2023, 07:56 AM   #21
jasin1

I’d get a Harvest Host membership …we have tried a few for overnights and really like it. …you get the boondocking experience with the added security that some of these places provide and they only ask for you to spend around $20 patronizing their store or winery/brewery etc…stayed at a one in Brimfield Mass that had live music on weekends One in Florida that had full hookups
Old 04-25-2023, 08:16 AM   #22
levic900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I’d get a Harvest Host membership …we have tried a few for overnights and really like it. …you get the boondocking experience with the added security that some of these places provide and they only ask for you to spend around $20 patronizing their store or winery/brewery etc…stayed at a one in Brimfield Mass that had live music on weekends One in Florida that had full hookups
Def going to get one of these. There are a few big pokes where we will be just driving for 2-3 days where I think this will really come in handy.
levic900rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #23
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by levic900rr View Post
Def going to get one of these. There are a few big pokes where we will be just driving for 2-3 days where I think this will really come in handy.
Sign up for Passport America; a lot of campgrounds which belong offer 1/2 price camping for a few days. We have been members and have saved a bunch. Good Sam also has a similar program. If you are a member of AARP some campgrounds offer discounts and some also give discounts to vets. In Texas, we can have our DL annotated for veteran status.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 05:33 PM   #24
GunnerRoo

As Gator stated, Goodyear Endurance are the way to go. If your tires are even close to 5 years old I would replace them. Especially out West in the heat. I carry 2 spares, one in the bed of the TV (we have a TT) as we had an incident a number of years ago with debris in the roadway and took out both passenger side tires. One flat, other cut pretty bad and not worth the risk. Long wait!
Enjoy your trip!!!