Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2014, 02:56 AM   #1
Wally15

Newbie Checking In

Hello Everyone;
New member to the forum, and a newbie to modern RV'ing. Just purchased a nearly new (11 months old) and hardly used '13 Laredo 308RE last week. Only had 25 miles on it (prev. owner used it on his property while his house was being built). Hauled it 500 miles from Memphis to S GA. Had some brake overheating issues that I'll discuss on the appropriate forum.
I live in S GA (Albany area), only 3 hours from the Gulf, so most of our trips will be heading South. DW loves the beach, and I love SEEING the beach from about 5 miles offshore in my 24' Proline with a fishing pole in my hand. My previous RV'ing experience was 25 years ago in a Coleman pop-top tent and primitive campsites. These things have indoor plumbing now!
DW's idea of "roughing it" is basic cable, so a serious upgrade in camping gear was necessary. Pulling the TT with an '06 Ram 2500 TD 4 speed AT. Pulled it from Memphis without a w/d hitch. Since it was completely empty of gear, I didn't have any sway or sag issues, but have ordered a w/d hitch for future trips.
Current plan is to pull the TT to the coast in the Spring and park it there through the summer months. That allows me to pull my boat back and forth with a nice place to stay. Once we get the hang of RV'ing, maybe an annual extended trip will be in the works. Depends on the price of diesel.
I have a lot to learn, and hope you experts can smooth me over the rough spots in the learning curve. I retired last year after spending 25 years as an engineer in tire manufacturing. So maybe I can contribute something toward tire questions and issues.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #2
Javi

Howdy, welcome to the forum.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 AM   #3
Lost

to the forum from Michigan.