Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2023, 05:48 PM   #21
LHaven

I splurged on a Tochta, which they will make to whatever dimensions you give them, including thickness. Gives me a wonderful night's sleep, and I'm 6'6" and well north of 300.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:08 AM   #22
DarkElf

Sleep Number

One of the first things we did when we got our 2015 Solitude was replace the crappy camper mattress with a queen sized Sleep Number. It was a P something or other. I think a P15 maybe. Made for RV's.
We like the sleep number because the DW is heavier than me and likes a firmer bed than me and we can each adjust our own sides to the firmness we like. We sleep very comfortably.
And a side benefit is, it is still easy to get to the under-the-bed storage since the mattress is air-filled and lite enough for the gas springs to hold it up when we lift it.
DarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:16 AM   #23
TinaMBee1

I ended up ordering a mattress from Brooklyn Bedding RV site. Got the hybrid. When we took the old mattress off I saw it had a zip up cover. My mother, being a child of the depression, would likely find a good use for it. Imagine my surprise when we take the cover off the 'mattress' and it's nothing but layers of what I think of as quilt batting! I tried to attach a picture but I don't think it worked. Anyway, we'll be going to a bluegrass festival the end of next weekend and I can't wait to try out the new bed! Thanks for all the advice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper mattress.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	44260  
TinaMBee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress