Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
robert king

door delamination on interior doors

I am looking for information on interior door lamination on 2019 keystone cougar half-ton fifth wheel. My two interior doors to bath and bedrooms are delaminating on edges. Has anybody had same problem and does anybody know if manufacturer will warranty any of it.
robert king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Can you post pics of the issue?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:03 AM   #3
robert king

pictures

here are pics of doors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	37322   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (3).jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	37323  
Old 11-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #4
Mikendebbie

The paper “laminate” is peeling off at the door edges.
I use contact cement (old school little brown bottle with a brush). Brush some cement on both surfaces - the door and the exposed side of the paper - wait 30 minutes or so…then press the paper back on to the door. Our bedroom door peels worse than any other, but I generally try to keep an eye on all of the doors and the trim for signs of paper peel, and try to keep it fixed before DW notices.

For your warranty question…I suppose you could pursue a warranty claim. My guess is that the dealer would order a new door for you. In today’s market and supply chain issues I am not sure how long it would take to get the door. It feels like less than a 1 hour labor job to swap the old for the new (assuming the correct replacement door showed up). Hopefully the dealer could schedule your job for a quick in and quick out. Chances are pretty good that your new door might start peeling in a year or two. Unless you store your unit in an air conditioned barn, the temperature swings from hot summers to cold winters are tough on paper laminate. For future reference there are places such as Trekwood.com that you can order replacement items like the door, but their freight charges are almost as much as the door itself.

My unit is well out of warranty, but I fixed several small items myself that first year rather than taking it to the dealer for warranty. I did not have any big warranty items. The best plan for the long term is to read this forum and the experts here will show you how to fix nearly anything that comes up.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
robert king

Thanks. Will try cement if manufacturer does not step up. Seems warranty does not mean anything to rv manufacturers any more. So many restrictions they dont cover anything. Even extended warranty doesnt cover much anymore. Waste of money.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

I can't imagine that the Keystone warranty would cover that on a 3+ yr old trailer.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #7
robert king

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I can't imagine that the Keystone warranty would cover that on a 3+ yr old trailer.
keystone wont but hoping door manufacturer might. nobody makes items to last more then one year as that is the standard warranty period. companies used to rely on repeat customers now just want new ones only. that way they dont have to cover warranty after they know item will fail. all companie know exactly how long their products will last before they sell them. lots of research on longivity of products.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:45 AM   #8
spicercars

Let us know what you find out. Welcome from northern MN.