Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #1
Mark C

Water On floor under bath room sink

I found water on the floor under the bath room sink. I wiped it up and checked the lines under the sink. I did not find any water on the feed lines or drain lines. The next morning after a taking a shower I noticed water leaking from the shower pan on the floor and going under the sink cabinet. I said I would rechaulk the shower pan when we get home later in the day.
Before leaving the camp site we put a hand towel on the floor under the sink.
When we arrived home the towel was wringing wet. Where did the water come from? The tanks were drained before leaving the site. Once home I opened the red and blue drain lines under the trailer, some water did come out. Help!
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
I found water on the floor under the bath room sink. I wiped it up and checked the lines under the sink. I did not find any water on the feed lines or drain lines. The next morning after a taking a shower I noticed water leaking from the shower pan on the floor and going under the sink cabinet. I said I would rechaulk the shower pan when we get home later in the day.
Before leaving the camp site we put a hand towel on the floor under the sink.
When we arrived home the towel was wringing wet. Where did the water come from? The tanks were drained before leaving the site. Once home I opened the red and blue drain lines under the trailer, some water did come out. Help!
Was the water pump on during your trip home? Was it raining? If the answer to both is no, then I'd guess the water was somewhere that you could not see but when hitching and/or towing it home it ran out onto the hand towel.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
Mark C

Water pump was not on and we have never put water in the fresh water tank
Old 05-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Did you dump the black tank and use the black tank flush system after you put the towel down on the dry floor? The anti-siphon valve for the black tank flush water lines is mounted in the vanity, tucked way up under the vanity sink.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
Mark C

we flushed the tanks before leaving the site but I think that was after my wife put the towel down. Why would cause the flush valve to leak water be on the floor?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
Logan X

The black tank flush check valve connections could be loose or it may be installed backwards.

Here is what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B059C63B-2381-42E8-981D-D0A261F5BC96.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	27185  
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If your wife put the towel down and then you connected a hose to the black tank flush AND the anti-siphon valve is leaking (or its connections are not securely tightened) it will drip water onto the floor. Typically that water leaks from the valve, down the two PEX lines and puddles on the floor of the vanity. If there's a towel there, then it will "get wet"...

Don't be lulled into thinking the valve will only "leak a little"... I've had at least a gallon of water pool under the anti-siphon valve from a single "thorough black tank flush"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #8
Mark C

That maybe the problem I can check it without putting a lot of water in the tank. Don't have a dump station in my yard. Thanks
Old 05-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #9
Mark C

Deb says she put the towel on the floor after I flushed out the black tank and the floor was not wet when she placed the towel.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
CedarCreekWoody

That flush valve is actually an anti-syphon valve. It is on the Line to the sprayer inside the black tank. If your tank is empty you do not need to add any water to the tank. Just open the drain valve, connect the flush line, and let the water drain out on the ground as it will only the clean water you are spraying (assuming you have a clean tank.)
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #11
Ken / Claudia

All of the above and/or are you 100% sure you dumped ALL the grey tanks as in maybe the grey tank is full causing water to be splashed about. That would not be the 1st or even 10 time someone on here did not know they had more valves and tanks to dump.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:40 AM   #12
FlyingAroundRV

You didn't mention whether you'd had any rain, so I'll post my experience.
We had water coming out from under the bathroom cabinet and I checked all the drains and pipes but all was secure.
Then it rained again and a day later, we had water coming out from under the cabinet again.
It turned out to be the power cord hookup. The socket on the outside wall had been very poorly installed with the screws stripped through the thin wall material. To try to fix that someone at the factory just drowned the top of the plug with silicon sealant. The lid of the plug was perfect for funneling the water into the gap behind the plug.
When I came up with what I thought was the cause, I proved it by having DW watch the inside while I sprayed the wall outside with a hose.
I replaced the socket with a new unit and gasket and mounted it with bolts, nuts and washers for a secure attachment.
Problem solved.
As I said, it depends on the design pf your trailer.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
The next morning after a taking a shower I noticed water leaking from the shower pan on the floor and going under the sink cabinet. I said I would rechaulk the shower pan when we get home later in the day.

There's also the possibility that some water was trapped under the shower pan and is slowly leaking out. Were you able to observe exactly where the water was leaking from? If it's just kind of "weeping out" I'd suspect trapped water. Which means there's something leaking from the shower drain.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #14
Mark C

No rain yesterday and yes i saw the water dripping from where the sides of the shower meet. Deb put rags in the space between the shower and cabinet. They were dry and the towel in the cabinet was soaked. The grey and black tank was emptied.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #15
Logan X

I wouldn't caulk the shower pan. That will just trap water under the shower pan (unless I’m misunderstanding the situation). You need to find the source of the water leak under or behind the shower pan.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #16
Ken / Claudia

I will ask again do you know 100% that ALL tanks were emptied. Do you know for 100% how many gray tanks you have. No listing of the trailer so, it may have 2 gray tanks many do. That would mean 3 drain valves. Just saying, looks like you are new and this has been a issue.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #17
Old Mustanger

My BIL had a similar problem and after a couple of trips to the dealer where they couldn't find the leak they finally determined it was from a loose connection to the shower behind the wall.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:18 AM   #18
Mark C

After a lot of thought I woke up yesterday and I think I know what happen. I put a water hose on the flush line without a reduction valve. There fore I may have put too much pressure on the pipes going into the black tank. That may have caused the leak. I think we put the towel down before that because I don't remember anyone going back in the trailer. Thanks,
Old 05-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
That flush valve is actually an anti-syphon valve. It is on the Line to the sprayer inside the black tank. If your tank is empty you do not need to add any water to the tank. Just open the drain valve, connect the flush line, and let the water drain out on the ground as it will only the clean water you are spraying (assuming you have a clean tank.)
I would never recommend dumping black water on the ground. While it may look "clean" it isn't sanitized. Nothing carries more diseases than fecal matter. It doesn't take much.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #20
MrEnto

The hand fittings on my flush tank anti siphon were loose when I took delivery and leaked all under the lav cabinet ALOT. I’d check that first like others have said.
MrEnto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, sink, water