Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Canuck View Post
I don't believe that Keystone do not have wiring diagrams for their units. They would need to do this in the design process. It may have to change once the prototype is built but they will have them. Let's face it. Most of those people on the floor couldn't figure where a wire needed to go without guidance.

As for Robyn saying "she or the Keystone techs will help in anyway they can to resolve most situations". Not true. I had an issue and contacted Customer Service for information. When I informed Robyn that I would address the issue myself rather than take it to a dealer, she refused any further help and would not supply the information. I had to write the President of Keystone to get the information.
Cool Canuck -

In short - Believe it! Oh, it's true that there will be a draft plan of what an RV will look like, where to put sinks, faucets, outlets, etc. But down on the floor of the manufacturing plants, the guys and gals on the production line have no schematics. Zero. They know they need to run Romex from this point to that point, Pex from here to here, etc. You should come down to the States some time and take a "Factory Tour". Not even in the high end RVs such as the DRV Elite Suites . . . no schematics. I took the DRV factory tour (October 12, 2012), spent 3 hours on the floor with a guide along with 5 other couples, walked around the actual construction being done then and there, and talked with the workers as they built the DRV fifth wheels. They know what they are doing and how to do it. With no schematics! In fact the guide pointed out that the workers who were cutting aluminum for the walls/ceilings knew what measurements to make, etc., just by telling them the model number. They didn't even have a book, schematic, blueprint, etc., you just said "I need a 38RSSB3 with vanity slide", and by tomorrow you will have all the aluminum frame, ready to assemble.

Come on down to the States and take the tour!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #22
Little Guy

SAD...now that's funny! Unfortunately true.
2012 Laredo 294RK TT "Larry"
'09 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab, 6.0L vortec (gas)
*Wishin' for a diesel*
Equal-I-Zer sway control hitch

Life is good!
Little Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #23
billb800si

A couple of years ago I needed the electrical wiring diagram and wall stud locations for our 2007 Jayco Eagle 322FKS trailer. So I contacted Jayco. Of course they needed my VIN number. And BINGO- the sent everything to me in pdf format. Seems they even had various wiring diagrams for the same model same year trailer. It depended on when it was made( date).
I was impressed to say the least.
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote