Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
Jenn_in_CO

Route planning app

What is everyone’s favorite route planning app. Trying to choose before heading to Taos (from Tucson) later this week.

Thanks!
Jenn_in_CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
Hblick48

I have yet to find one app I like. I first check a trip out on Google Maps. Then I put it into my Garmin RV780 to account for the RV (low clearance, etc). I change Google to agree with GPS. Then I decide how many miles I want to drive each day, and break up the trip into segments. I use RV Parky and Allstays to find RV Parks, fuel stops and rest stops. Sometimes I use Google Earth to check on entrance and exit plans because I'm towing. Finally, I load all of the info into a Google Sheets spreadsheet. I have all parks, fuel, rest stops, etc. in one place in mileage order on my phone.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:03 AM   #3
Jenn_in_CO

Phew! That’s a lot. : ) Thanks!
Old 03-23-2022, 07:35 AM   #4
wjg315

I use RVTrip Wizard. Just completed a trip to Florida and back to Kansas. It worked great. I really like planning the trip on my laptop then accessing the trip in the iPhone app.
wjg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:01 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

There have been many threads asking this question, several are very recent. First off I use a Garmin RV GPS. It has the ability to download routes from the Garmin software as well as others. I use the RVLIFE app then download the trip to my GPS.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:40 PM   #6
TimC

I just use Google maps and built in nav in the truck for navigation. I’ll also use an app called “Drive Weather” that will give me a good idea of the weather I’ll be dealing with throughout the drive. Helped out a lot on my last trip as there was a major winter storm to contend with when I left home and a nor’easter when heading back home. It turned out to be pretty accurate and allowed me to adjust my route and and departure times based on weather.

TimC is offline   Reply With Quote