Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2021, 03:37 PM   #21
slider909

I wondered the same thing. I've repaired some roofs before, sanded and filled in everything. I'll make sure to ask.
slider909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

One acceptable fix is to glue down Luan over the roof. It does make for a nice surface, but adds costs that keystone may not cover, I would ask.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #23
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Can tell you I am dealing with camping world in Raleigh Nc and not happy with them. Have had my camper going on 2 months and still telling me they are sending pics as requested to keystone. Issue is the outside kitchen slide out floor gets wet when slide is closed. The underneath of the floor. They have given me some of the dumb excuse for it getting wet I have ever heard of. Can tell you one thing will never buy from camping world again and if keystone doesn’t take care of the problem will never buy a keystone again
While an update on my camper. Contacted CW Raleigh and was told keystone approved fixing the slide floor 100 %. It took almost 2 months but finally will be repaired. Now to get parts n work done. At least for me CW and Keystone came through.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:38 AM   #24
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
While an update on my camper. Contacted CW Raleigh and was told keystone approved fixing the slide floor 100 %. It took almost 2 months but finally will be repaired. Now to get parts n work done. At least for me CW and Keystone came through.
That is great news. Now to figure out when they will get to the actual work is another BIG step... good luck and keep us apprised.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #25
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
That is great news. Now to figure out when they will get to the actual work is another BIG step... good luck and keep us apprised.
While was told it will be 1-2 weeks to get the flooring kit. We will see. I’m call the service manager in the morning for more info.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 05:56 AM   #26
ironjdf

Roof isue

Uh-oh I have the same issue on my roof as slider. Looking out my upstairs window to the top of our camper, a brand new 2022 cougar 29 rli. I can see those ripples in the TPO membrane running east and west on our camper. Just bought this last week.
ironjdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #27
slider909

What are you going to do? Are they on all the seams where the decking wood butts together? I've been going between if I really want to get it replaced, what if it the repair is worse than this?
Old 12-11-2021, 04:44 AM   #28
ironjdf

I just took it in yesterday. I'm dealing with the CW in Marion North Carolina. It's 70 miles one way west of me. They're supposed to get back to me by the end of next week. I'm very disappointed with a brand new camper. It's a cougar 29 rli, very nice unit to look at. I'm also concerned about a repair or replacement also.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:45 AM   #29
ironjdf

Oh yeah they are on all the seams.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:16 AM   #30
slider909

Even if they will replace it, not sure I'll do it. Either way I'll tell them I want an extended warranty that includes labor. Yea, I'm very disappointed to. I've only had it 3 months. Besides this, there really hasn't been any problems, just some small fit and finish things that the normal person wouldn't notice. There was a leak from the shower, it was the calking around the sliding doors bottom track. All very easy fixes that I did myself.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:45 AM   #31
ironjdf

Yeah I got to wait and see what they say about replacing the roof. I'm also concerned about the job that they might do and the fix be worse. I don't trust their workmanship at the dealers. We had them install a second air conditioner at the dealership before we bought it. You know they were on the roof and never said anything about the condition. Other issues work kind of self-imposed I was disconnecting the battery and installing my tire underneath the front storage compartment. Then I could not turn the heat on or fan on the rear air conditioner. But through these keystone forums I found out I needed to unhook the shore power turn off the battery disconnect and wait at least 30 seconds and then reverse the operation and I was able to turn the heat on again. I didn't have any zone temperature showing so the gateway I guess had to reboot itself.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:20 PM   #32
slider909

Keystone denied the claim for roof replacement. They said it's within their guidelines for both function and appearance. Waiting on an official letter from the dealer with the per-claim number so I can contact Keystone. Dealer said they've been having a really difficult time with getting Keystone honoring warranty work.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider909 View Post
Keystone denied the claim for roof replacement. They said it's within their guidelines for both function and appearance. Waiting on an official letter from the dealer with the per-claim number so I can contact Keystone. Dealer said they've been having a really difficult time with getting Keystone honoring warranty work.

Before I put all the blame on Keystone I would sure be digging into what the dealer submitted to them; assessments of damage, wording used etc.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #34
slider909

Old 12-16-2021, 06:22 PM   #35
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Before I put all the blame on Keystone I would sure be digging into what the dealer submitted to them; assessments of damage, wording used etc.
I agree, I find it hard to believe that any manufacturer would say that’s “normal” or “within specs”…I would ask for a copy of the specs they used.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:59 AM   #36
slider909

I posted the response from the dealer but it doesn't look like it displays. I had a open contact with Keystone and sent them the letter from the dealer. This is what Keystone said -

Unfortunately, I do not show that this dealership ever submitted this into Keystone for our review. I would contact this dealership and see why they never actually submitted this. If they didn’t believe this to be a manufacturing defect, then that may be why they never submitted this into Keystone however I would definitely contact them to see the reason why.

So back to the dealer to see what's going on. Did their warranty dept determine that it wasn't a warranty item? The tech wrote it up in pretty good detail saying what it looked like and the cause of it saying it was a manufacturing defect.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:03 AM   #37
ironjdf

Roof question

Uh-oh slider that doesn't sound good. I haven't heard from my dealer yet about my issue also which is the same as yours. I dropped my camper off last Friday, we'll have to call this afternoon and see what the status is.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:11 AM   #38
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I posted the response from the dealer but it doesn't look like it displays. I had a open contact with Keystone and sent them the letter from the dealer. This is what Keystone said -

Unfortunately, I do not show that this dealership ever submitted this into Keystone for our review. I would contact this dealership and see why they never actually submitted this. If they didn’t believe this to be a manufacturing defect, then that may be why they never submitted this into Keystone however I would definitely contact them to see the reason why.

So back to the dealer to see what's going on. Did their warranty dept determine that it wasn't a warranty item? The tech wrote it up in pretty good detail saying what it looked like and the cause of it saying it was a manufacturing defect.
It sure looks like an "OOPS" on the dealer's actions.... Like Chuck, I can't imagine Keystone refusing to repair what was in the photo you posted. I'd suspect that either the dealership "made an error" in what they told you (got your claim mixed up with someone else's claim) or they simply "screwed up and got caught".....

I'd be talking to the dealership general manager to get "official answers on what they're going to do next".... This one deserves to be elevated over the service manager's head.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:15 AM   #39
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

I would take this correspondence to the dealer (via email at least) and start off with a approach of "a mistake must have been made because I know you said they denied it". Give them an "out" to fix it and not alienate them. Document everything. Then if the dealer blows their "second chance at redemption" then go "guns a blazing" and take no prisoners. At least that's how I would approach it.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:46 AM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Slider you've been "zinged" by the dealer unfortunately. The dealer is "the" one that is responsible for assessing then relaying that information to Keystone accurately so that Keystone WILL approve the warranty work. In your case the dealer has apparently failed miserably based on the documentation you have from the dealer and Keystone.

Your last paragraph in post #36 raises questions to me. When my tech works on my RV for warranty work he works with Keystone's warranty techs to get not only the approval but the method of repair and hours allotted. Your dealer should not have a "warranty" dept. that determines at the dealer level, by a 3rd, uninvolved party whether or not your situation is a warrantable failure. On the surface it sounds like they don't want to do warranty work, or at least roof work, so they lied to you. I would not be happy.

Take all your documentation including the assessment by the tech of a warranty defect, the denial of warranty by the dealer and the statement from Keystone that they never received a claim, sit down with the owner/GM (mandatory) and firmly go over their failures. Based on the tech's evaluation and the appearance from the pics you posted, that roof is defective and should be repaired. The dealer failed you big time and you've got them with their hand(s) in the cookie jar; it's time for them to make it right no matter what Keystone says in the end. Go at it firmly but politely until you have to be "more firm".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof