Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Royal

Relay clicking

After setting the furance thermostat on our Cougar 318 SAB, I hear multiple relay clicks from the roof mounted AC unit, as the furance fires off. The RV Tech says this relay makes sure the AC is off and provides power to the furance gas valve. The problem that I have is, that I've had this unit to the repair shop twice now, once I think they danced and chanted under the AC unit, (no results) and the second time they said they replaced the board that the relay is mounted to. I haven't had time to physcially check to see if there's evidence of replacement, but it still clicks. The AC is a Dometric unit and I was on a repair site that another peson was complaining about the same problem. Has anyone had this problem with their furnance, AC or relay?
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Pullrite SuperGlide 16K
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
Johnnyfry

Relay clicking

I also have a 318SAB and had questions about essentially the same issue. As it turns out the AC is cross connected to the furnace in such a way as to allow the AC fan (only) to operate and assist in heat circulation when the thermostat is set for low or high fan. This feature is disabled when the thermostat is set to "AU" (auto) position.

I hope that this helps.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
jackflak

Mine clicks in Automatic Mode

My AC unit relay clicks a lot right before the furnace finally comes on. I have tried running it in Lo and Hi but of course then the AC unit runs continuously. Switching back to the Automatic mode you are right back to square one...It.s enough to drive one crazy. Any suggestions?
jackflak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
Ayotte

I had the same thing when I tried setting my thermostat to one degree difference. Changed it back to two degrees difference and the clicking went away.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote