Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2021, 06:37 AM   #1
mcomeaux

Furnace Issue

Have a 2019 Keystone Alpine with the Incommand System
I can activate the furnace and adjust thermostat and runs fine and kicks off when temp is achieved. When temp drops you can here fan coming on but furnace refuses to fire off. Have to shut down system and go through procedure again only to have it do the same thing. Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Lots of issues being reported with InCommand and the furnace locking out after one cycle. Some owners have updated the software and got some improvement. Others are still trying to find the cause. You might consider contacting the manufacturer, ASA Electronics to discuss your particular issues. There is not a "one size fits all" solution as each floorplan and each revision of the software/firmware interact differently. ASA technical support is your best bet to start solving your issues...

If you're still in warranty and IF (a very important IF) your dealership has someone knowledgeable with the InCommand system (most dealerships don't have such a person), the dealership might be some of help. On the other hand, if your dealership is like many, they'll "fix it" and when you pick it up, it's still doing the same thing, so they'll "try a different fix" and the cycle continues.... Best bet is to contact ASA and see what they have to offer based on the version of InCommand you have, how the floorplan for your trailer software program is supported and the iteration of software updates your system currently is operating...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:21 AM   #3
ChuckS

Known issue with the gateway for that Zone... The furnace is controlled via Zone 1 A/C gateway module... You have a bad gateway

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:29 AM   #4
mcomeaux

Furnace

Thanks Chuck I’m on the road heading south I’ll dive into it when I get to Arizona. Gives me a area to start checking and that is the zone
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #5
ChuckS

Actually I think I may have given you bad info because I hadnt had enough coffee and did not fully grasp your issue....

From your post..
I can activate the furnace and adjust thermostat and runs fine and kicks off when temp is achieved. When temp drops you can here fan coming on but furnace refuses to fire off. Have to shut down system and go through procedure again only to have it do the same thing. Any suggestions?

IN YOUR case the blower fan IS turning ON but the igniter is not firing so the IN Command IS sending the correct signal on the CANBUS line for furnace to work..

Sequence of furnace.. regardless of if its Suburban or Dometic/Atwood is:
1. blower comes on to purge system... yours is
2. Sail switch completes circuit to allow igniter to fire and propane solenoid valve to open...
**** Have helper turn In command Furnace mode to ON and listen outside at furnace exhaust for ticking sound of furnace ignitor
**** If NO ticking then either sail switch isn't completing circuit to let igniter fire or you have issues with igniter, its gap or bad furnace igniter board.. Also the Hi Limit switch could be opened up and if this is the case the igniter wont fire either

3. If TICKING SOUND is yes but no light off then either issues with furnace propane solenoid, Propane tank supply or furnace control board

IF your Furnace is mounted inside the Alpine and not inside the basement like mine you may be able to see the control board module... if its a Dometic/Atwood furnace there is a RED LED light that will flash an error code... Suburban furnaces dont have this LED...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:48 AM   #6
mcomeaux

Thanks Chuck I’ll let you know what I diagnose on it. Gives me some areas to jump on…
Old 10-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #7
0rion

My first thought was sail switch not closing. I've had that issue on a couple different trailers. Those were a little more simple than yours but the furnace operation should be similar. Was it on shore power when it did it? Reason I ask is because I had one once that would run all day on shore power but on battery it would act up. I always determined it was because on battery the fan didn't build up enough speed.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace