Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
Christopher John

What is This?

We have had our 2021 travel trailer out for a few trips this summer. Surprisingly, we didn't have too much to shake-out from these first trips: the typical amount of sawdust (which diminished by the end of the 3 trip), a couple ceiling tacks coming loose, etc.

However, on our 2nd trip, I found a small screw rolling around on the floor when we got to our destination. Looked around, couldn't find where it came from and didn't think much of it. Nothing came off the wall or crashing down.

When we arrived back home from our 3rd trip, my wife opened the main door and this small piece of plastic fell on her head from the doorway. For the life of me, I cannot see where it came from, and now I am wondering if the screw and this piece are part of the same issue. I looked all around the door frame, etc and could see no sign of anything "missing," so I am hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery Piece.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	35824  

2021 Keystone Passport 199ml
2015 Ford F150 Lariat
Christopher John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The plastic piece is probably an “alignment” piece that’s used to keep the door and screen in the right spot while securing it to the frame. The screw????

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
Javi

We've had this Avalanche for 14 months and every time we move the couch or recliners we find screws underneath them.. Sometimes we find one in a cabinet or in the carpet upstairs..

I expect it isn't worth the time to pick them up while they're assembling stuff..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
We've had this Avalanche for 14 months and every time we move the couch or recliners we find screws underneath them.. Sometimes we find one in a cabinet or in the carpet upstairs..

I expect it isn't worth the time to pick them up while they're assembling stuff..

Best I figure they just threw some "extra screws" in the trailer to fall out, fall around etc. I've not found a new trailer that didn't have a nice accumulation of sawdust, misc. debris or even shop towels etc. I think all that stuff is sort of a "bonus" thrown in with the rig.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Best I figure they just threw some "extra screws" in the trailer to fall out, fall around etc. I've not found a new trailer that didn't have a nice accumulation of sawdust, misc. debris or even shop towels etc. I think all that stuff is sort of a "bonus" thrown in with the rig.
Or even tools to supplement my box.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote