Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
jasin1

If buying …don’t hesitate

What a day…called local water sports dealer and found a few new jet skis in stock …cancelled orders on 2021 units
Looked at a Kawasaki 310 ultra r and a sea doo Rxp 300 x…both supercharged 300+ Hp …bought a four wheeler from same dealer some years ago

Salesman took us out and showed up both units …we decided on the sea doo but it had shipping damage to the crate so I asked them to take it out of the crate and if no damage we were gonna buy it ( son and I )
They said no problem…all looked good we said we would take it…the salesman checked and said he could have it ready at the end of the day like we asked…he showed us a trailer for it and we agreed..son was doing paperwork and paying deposit and formalities and I picked out a cover in the parts dept. everything all good no problems
When we were looking at the ski outside earlier our salesman asked us to wait a second so he could help his other customer hook up trailer for newly bought jet ski

We said “ no problem” waited about 20 min for him went inside together …we never left salesman’s sight…

Long story short salesman had us at his desk working out details..he went to finance mgr and they sold the jet ski over the phone while we were looking at it…mgr said probably happened when we said no problem and waited for our salesman to help his other customer..

What a let down….mgr was a total jerk about it…didn’t care one bit ..didn’t say sorry…said we should have walked upstairs quicker..
I said I would never buy anything there again….told my son at least he got to see how he would be treated if he had to come back for warranty work or any problems. They probably sold it for more money to the other guy
Ended up putting a deposit on another one in neighboring state. 3 hours away but seem like good people

Really is a cut throat world in sales right now..they don’t care about long term customers just what they can sell today

Sorry about the rant …had to vent
Old 08-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
What a day…called local water sports dealer and found a few new jet skis in stock …cancelled orders on 2021 units
Looked at a Kawasaki 310 ultra r and a sea doo Rxp 300 x…both supercharged 300+ Hp …bought a four wheeler from same dealer some years ago

Salesman took us out and showed up both units …we decided on the sea doo but it had shipping damage to the crate so I asked them to take it out of the crate and if no damage we were gonna buy it ( son and I )
They said no problem…all looked good we said we would take it…the salesman checked and said he could have it ready at the end of the day like we asked…he showed us a trailer for it and we agreed..son was doing paperwork and paying deposit and formalities and I picked out a cover in the parts dept. everything all good no problems
When we were looking at the ski outside earlier our salesman asked us to wait a second so he could help his other customer hook up trailer for newly bought jet ski

We said “ no problem” waited about 20 min for him went inside together …we never left salesman’s sight…

Long story short salesman had us at his desk working out details..he went to finance mgr and they sold the jet ski over the phone while we were looking at it…mgr said probably happened when we said no problem and waited for our salesman to help his other customer..

What a let down….mgr was a total jerk about it…didn’t care one bit ..didn’t say sorry…said we should have walked upstairs quicker..
I said I would never buy anything there again….told my son at least he got to see how he would be treated if he had to come back for warranty work or any problems. They probably sold it for more money to the other guy
Ended up putting a deposit on another one in neighboring state. 3 hours away but seem like good people

Really is a cut throat world in sales right now..they don’t care about long term customers just what they can sell today

Sorry about the rant …had to vent
Right now it's the long term customer that you have to watch out for, they will screw you until your eyes bleed and tell you how much money they spent with you before the Covid. Like you are just supposed to eat the costs.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Right now it's the long term customer that you have to watch out for, they will screw you until your eyes bleed and tell you how much money they spent with you before the Covid. Like you are just supposed to eat the costs.
Well I’m not that kind of person …I asked what they were selling it for and said is that the best you can do ? He said yep..I said ok we will take it…no haggling no trying to wheel and deal…it is what it is but I’m definitely not a cheap person …after the mgr said sorry that’s when I brought up my prior patronage.

..had a cummins guy come to my house yesterday and do some work on my sons boat. Asked him how much do I owe you…had a perplexing overheat problem I couldn’t work out…he said $250..I made the check out for $350
I’m not cheap and want everyone to make a decent living if possible
Javi I think you may have me figured wrong…your last post said I was a afraid to get my hands dirty…lol I have nothing but respect for you my friend and would probably enjoy a drink around the campfire with you.
( who knows maybe all my prior posts paint a different picture of me but not my intent …I assure you)
Old 08-27-2021, 10:52 PM   #4
mcomeaux

Any new purchases are quick these days including houses. Tried to purchase a new Toyota same thing walked away to discuss the purchase with the wife. 10 Minutes is all and poof gone. Made 4 offers on houses kept getting out bid crazy times for sure. You defiantly got wronged period...
Old 08-28-2021, 06:06 AM   #5
RickV

Not just with purchases businesses like Cell Providers and Entertainment Media seem to take existing customers for granted and offer everything to "New" Customers. Loyalty means nothing to them. There are some businesses that still treat Loyal Customer with respect but they are few and far between.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:38 AM   #6
Northofu1

"Right now it's the long term customer that you have to watch out for, they will screw you until your eyes bleed and tell you how much money they spent with you before the Covid. Like you are just supposed to eat the costs."

If you're dealing with local small and medium business' completely understandable.
When you're dealing with big corp. all's fair.
Their mark up on their products is almost robbery.
When you start to gouge the customer expect to get gouged back.
Then again, it's the 1%'ers dividing us. "divide and conquer"

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:10 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

The old addage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" apparently no longer applies ?????

To me (JMHO), if a customer is in the store and has "cash in hand" and there's someone on the phone "wanting to buy". I'd consider the "in store customer" the same as a "bird in the hand"...

Apparently, in this thread, it looks like there are some "mitigating circumstances" that weren't revealed either to Jasin and maybe to his salesman... Is there a different (more favored salesman) slated to get the commission from the sale? Is that commission going to the sales manager instead of to the salesman? If he is making the decision on who gets the product and he's the one getting the commission too, well, sounds more like "greed in his favor" rather than a "handshake is my bond" type of person....

Lots of "hidden agenda" could have influenced who got the sale. Definitely sounds like a business that wouldn't get any more of my money....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The old addage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" apparently no longer applies ?????

To me (JMHO), if a customer is in the store and has "cash in hand" and there's someone on the phone "wanting to buy". I'd consider the "in store customer" the same as a "bird in the hand"...

Apparently, in this thread, it looks like there are some "mitigating circumstances" that weren't revealed either to Jasin and maybe to his salesman... Is there a different (more favored salesman) slated to get the commission from the sale? Is that commission going to the sales manager instead of to the salesman? If he is making the decision on who gets the product and he's the one getting the commission too, well, sounds more like "greed in his favor" rather than a "handshake is my bond" type of person....

Lots of "hidden agenda" could have influenced who got the sale. Definitely sounds like a business that wouldn't get any more of my money....
Yep we started thinking that the manager was screwing the salesman over as much as us…the salesman we had was only there for a year ( he left a Harley dealer during COVID due to shutdowns) he just happened to be the one answering the phone when we called. When we went in to see them in person there were four guys standing around in sales….we asked for the guy we talked on the phone with …I said to my son that if we didn’t ask then the most senior guy may have stepped up to wait on us…I think they figure my guy may return to Harley after everything settles down and didn’t want him to get the sale. But who knows…now I have if I have warranty issues I need to build a relationship with another relatively local dealer to service it going forward. My dealer is three hours away so wanted to build a relationship with someone local. My first choice was the dealer I won’t go back to

Called another dealer and they said they would be happy to service and warranty it but of course there customers come first. I don’t blame them
Old 08-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

I've watched the above scenario play out while I was standing there. A person was talking to a jr. salesman (I was talking to a senior salesman) and their customer wanted a particular trailer. Some folks came in and talked to the sales mgr., went and looked at the trailer and came back in with him. The other folks were finishing up the paper work but the sales mgr. went straight to the finance dept. and put a hold on the trailer as sold for "his" customer. The Jr. salesman came out and went to the finance dept. to secure the sale but came back with an unhappy look - the trailer had been taken out from under him. I asked the guy I was talking to about it and he said the sales mgr. did it all the time.....
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote