Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Maybe because he was raised in the country during the 50's and 60's and is immune to germs...

If I had a dollar for every time I handled, touched or had splashed on me something you younger folks would glove and biohazard suit up for, I'd be retired again.
I understand where your coming from…I am not a person afraid of getting dirty…I have a small hvac company and I’m a hands on guy with almost everything i own or install…always working on a engine or car truck or boat…and I rarely ever wear gloves… I started shucking oysters when I was 13 and shucked professionally until I was 30 as a side gig And NEVER wore gloves while shucking..only stuck myself twice in all those years ( didn’t go to the hospital). Been doing hvac since I was 17…. 54 now

BUT I wear gloves when handling the sewer hoses because of common courtesy towards the next camper….I don’t want to touch my sewer hoses and whatever spills out …then touch the electric breaker and freshwater spigot and picnic table…it’s not so much about me but about the next guy….believe me Javi this guy ain’t afraid of a little dirt …lol. Have a good evening sir
Old 08-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #22
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Maybe because he was raised in the country during the 50's and 60's and is immune to germs...

If I had a dollar for every time I handled, touched or had splashed on me something you younger folks would glove and biohazard suit up for, I'd be retired again.
Grew up on a farm in the 50's and 60's. Got indoor plumbing in the mid 50's.
Do you know you have to periodically pump out septic systems?
Don't get me started on leech field clogs.....

I do use hand sanitizer after the dump station but it's not toxic waste.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sewer