Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
rfreidel

TV Mounting options Springdale 32 FWRE

I am purchasing a new to me 2017 Springdale FWRE, the pervious owner removed the tv and the mount from the wall. I searched this forum till my eyes blurred figure its time to introduce myself and ask.

I know where to mount the tv, it's quite obvious, my question is, how heavy a tv/mount combination can I mount on the wall, I bought a 55" Samsung tv that weighs 39.2lbs, the mount I bought according to my calculations weighs 10.4lbs in the box. I suppose the total weight would be almost 50lbs.

Will the board for mounting a tv support that much weight? I am hoping I can just use the mantle of the propane fireplace to hold the tv, as it sat in the lot the stabilizers were not down, so do not know if there would be too much movement while walking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	649.1 KB
ID:	32426  
rfreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The back wall on any trailer is the "roughest riding part" in the trailer. That said, anything you mount on the rear wall will be subjected to bouncing and jarring significantly greater than any other place in the trailer.

Many people install a smaller TV on that wall, but 50 pounds, that's quite a bit more than most 32" or even 40" TV's weigh. If you do decide to install it on that wall, make sure you also include straps to secure it "TO THE WALL" during travel. If it's left "suspended on a TV mount" even a short, rigid mount, the top and bottom of the TV will twist and bounce and, if nothing else, bend/break the back of the TV where the mount bolts to the TV....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:55 PM   #3
rfreidel

The strap for securing the tv is in place, and I believe it is long enough to go around the tv, I will find out hopefully next week when the trailer is ready for delivery.

I purchased the tv based on image quality, and it was the smallest one in that series. The store had much smaller tv's, but the image quality was much poorer.

I will probably return the mount.
rfreidel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, springdale, tv mount