Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #21
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper5 View Post
My 2015 RKS WE has 4 frame cracks 2 on each side of the trailer at the rear and middle spring mounts, Has any one with model trail experienced this on there trailer ? If you have this model trailer please take a good look at your frame. I believe it is a manufacturing defect that will affect all trailers of this model.

Send a complaint to NHTSA. That might result in the MFG having to fix for free.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #22
CT Wanderer

You’re not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper5 View Post
My 2015 RKS WE has 4 frame cracks 2 on each side of the trailer at the rear and middle spring mounts, Has any one with model trail experienced this on there trailer ? If you have this model trailer please take a good look at your frame. I believe it is a manufacturing defect that will affect all trailers of this model.
I had frame problems that started like that for me on my Montana 305RL. Had the cracks reinforced and a year later had a spring hanger break loose and damage the frame. I was lucky enough to find a competent frame shop for the repair and that my insurance covered the 8K bill. The frame now is better than originally built. Yes it’s under engineered and no Keystone won’t cover it, they refer you to Lippert the frame manufacturer. They will email you a fix like another poster sent and offer to pay 3 hours labor on the fix if you push them. Here is a link to my post on Montana Owners Club site. You can used the same ID as this website to view everything.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77700&page=2
CT Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, rack