Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
Trinity.tlaf

Help please winterize 2004 keystone laredo 29+4BH

I have never had to worry about doing this. In the past my ex did it and I am trying to avoid an expensive disaster. I have a 2004 laredo 29+4 BH in immaculate condition and the weather is getting cold quick. I'm not helpless and with a few tips I'm confident I can get this done. I have 8 gallons of rv antifreeze. I am just hoping for some direction on locations of low water points, bypasses, and anything else I need to know. Any help is much appreciated.
Trinity.tlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Tbos

Turn off your water heater. Open all the low point drains and drain everything. Once that is done remove the plug from the water heater. Make sure your water heater is in bypass mode. We will need to see a picture of your water hook up cabinet/connections to determine how you need to hook up to pump antifreeze into the lines. You Tube has videos that might help too.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
Trinity.tlaf

It's been raining here since sometime in the middle of the night last night. I just got home. I will get some pictures taken tomorrow in the in the light. What specifically should I get pictures of? Thank you
Old 11-01-2019, 06:45 AM   #4
Trinity.tlaf

Ok found hot water heater bypass, it's on and hot water tank is drained. I CANNOT find the low water point drains. I crawled all under the camper. I found the holding tank drain. But do not see the hot and cold drains anywhere. Please help
Old 11-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity.tlaf View Post
Ok found hot water heater bypass, it's on and hot water tank is drained. I CANNOT find the low water point drains. I crawled all under the camper. I found the holding tank drain. But do not see the hot and cold drains anywhere. Please help
I initially posted this response in the "help with the forum" section, but found that you're posting the same general question (where are my low point drains?) in multiple threads. So, I moved it here, where it's more appropriately located.

I don't recall ever seeing a thread "specifically" addressing the location of the low point drains on a 2004 Laredo 28+bh. That said, here's some "general information about ALL trailers:

The low point drains are under the trailer.
They are typically located in the SAME location.
Normally, they extend about 6" beyond the bottom covering.
They will either have caps or valves to prevent water from draining while the system is pressurized.
They will be located UNDER the location of the plumbing runs above the floor.
That means they will probably be along the perimeter of the trailer, often OUTSIDE the two main frame rails.
Look between the frame rails and the side of your trailer, often just forward of or just aft of the wheelwell. They may, if outside the frame rails, be EXTREMELY difficult to see, often positioned adjacent to a steel outrigger, partly hiding their location...

All that said, if you're not the original owner, you likely don't have knowledge of specific repairs or modifications that were done by previous owners, so there's a remote possibility that a previous owner may have "cut them off, capped them and sprayed expanding foam over the caps to permanently eliminate them. I wouldn't suspect that to be the case, but it is a remote possibility.

I'd suggest parking the trailer on a concrete slab (think parking lot if you don't have a solid surface at home) and getting on a creeper. Armed with a flashlight, "roll around under your trailer, inspecting and taking note of what you find". While doing that, check the back side of the tires, the spring hangers, the springs and U-bolts, the axle tubes, the underbelly for damage or deterioration, the brake wiring for proper routing and secure connections, the outriggers for damage, the wheelwells for that same (obvious damage), any holes in the frame rails that could be closed or sealed, check the stabilizer jacks for damage, the propane system for damage and security, and don't forget the rear bumper and it's attaching points for rust, cracked welds.

ADDED: I'm including a few photos of what you MIGHT find under your trailer:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low point drain 1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	24230   Click image for larger version

Name:	low point drains.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24231  
Attached Images