Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Gary-n-Liz

Rear Slide Ceiling Track Damage

Have 2015 Outback Terrain with electric bed-slide out the rear end. One of the tracks is tearing apart and we know we need to have it replaced. My question is, does anyone know how to reduce the chance of this happening again? The damage has been ongoing for awhile and we should have had it fixed before now. Well, duh, what can we say.

I've seen suggestions for installing washers to help support the thin metal around the installation screws. Sounds good. I've seen suggestions for creating a support leg. Does anyone have personal experience that can help us decide what to do? I've seen some online comments but think that was regarding the older manual-slide version.

We're full-timers and move around a lot so I'm sure bouncing down the road doesn't help, but ya know, that's just gonna happen. Thanks, Liz
Gary-n-Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
J&A

Hi Liz,

Maybe adding a few pics or a vid to your comments will help folks in the forum give you advice on how to repair and fix the problem.

Good luck!

J

In search of my next RV
SOLD! - 2013 Terrain 299TBH
SOLD! - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
J&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #3
Tripping Over Normal

Outback Terrain Rear bed slide

Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2014 Outback 230 TRS with the rear bed slide and the track is craking and the underbelly of the slide is delaminating.

HELP HELP HELP:
confused:
Tripping Over Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripping Over Normal View Post
Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2014 Outback 230 TRS with the rear bed slide and the track is craking and the underbelly of the slide is delaminating.

HELP HELP HELP:
confused:
Check this link: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=33980 A couple of members have had similar problems. This thread discusses one such problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, rack, slide