Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Steve Thyen

Best Product To Restore Front Cap

The front cap on my Cougar is somewhat faded and needs to be waxed or some type of attention put towards it. Whats my best bet and getting some good results?
Thanks
Steve Thyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
SailorPam

We've used PoliGlow on our sailboat for several years and I'm now working on the front cap of our 5th wheel. You need to get the kit that has the PoliPrep as well as the PoliGlow. PoliPrep is used to remove the oxidation. Then you apply coats of Poliglow. In 5 years I've only had to do the prep work once on the boat. Then each year I give it a good bath and put on another 3 or 4 coats of PoliGlow. We always get lots of compliments and the boat is over 30 years old. So far the fiver is looking great.
SailorPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
cjensen91910

Just did both caps with "ZEP" poly finish, found at Home Depot. Works well and should last at least six months, or more. Used "RED MAX', from Lowes prior and it lasted a year.
cjensen91910 is offline   Reply With Quote