Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
ftrupe

Leak in Blank Tank Flush Fill

I recently had 2 leaks in my bathroom. One, oddly enough, was inside the medicine cabinet and the other where the wall meets the floor under the sink vanity. The leak inside the medicine cabinet seemed to be entering through the screw holes. Used the hose all over and found that under the refrigerator vent cap at the corner, there was a gap in the caulking, which did leak into the medicine cabinet. Removed the 4 screws, took the cap off, and filled in with dicor. No problem, leak 1 is fixed. Didn't know about leak 2 until this last camping trip when we pulled some items out from under the vanity. While sitting in the rain, I kept looking for possible leak areas. I hosed the area around the black tank fill and it leaked! Ran to home depot, put some silicon around it and waited. Hosed again and still leaked. Took the screws out, put some silicon and screwed them back in and it still leaked. So I checked when I was rinsing the black tank and it was leaking. My only conclusion is that the fill has a crack in the plastic. So here are my questions:
1. Can I replace that with a city water fill? (they look identical from the outside)
2. How does it connect inside under the vanity? Is it a screw type of connection?
3. Can I pull it out the side of the trailer and replace it so I don't have to work under a small cabinet?

It looks as if there is a type of plastic shroud around the pex to maintain the angle to the interior connection, which I would need to remove.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_140714.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	18119
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_205222.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	18120  
ftrupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
KSH

If you have enough slack on that hose just unscrew it from the outside and pull the hose out. Easy replacement. I just did my city water connection and this is about the same.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, tank