Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
KTB

Cougar 336BHS Outdoor Kitchen Drawer

We have a 2017 Cougar 336BHS which has an outdoor kitchen with one drawer in the cabinet (and just face plates on the other two openings). I have noticed that there are some equipped with two drawers. When we took the plate off the opening without a drawer, we saw there were drawer slides mounted in the inside of the cabinet. We would really like to have the additional drawer! So I reached out to our dealership to see if they could contact Keystone on obtaining/purchasing this other drawer. The response back from Keystone was "Unfortunately we do not modify/customize our products." Not sure why they thought that, this is not a modification or a customization. Does anyone know where or who I can contact to purchase this drawer? Is there a way to contact Keystone directly (without going thru the dealership) to obtain parts? Attached are pictures of both outdoor kitchens (for the same floor plan). Both we have seen at the dealerships, (one with two drawers, one with one drawer). If anyone has any insight on other contact options so we can purchase this additional drawer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. Could really use the extra storage.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One Drawer.png
Views:	189
Size:	743.1 KB
ID:	16429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Two Drawers.png
Views:	241
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	16430  
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
MarcS

Why not just order the drawer from Keystone?
Old 05-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
KTB

That would be our next option. Problem is, how do you order it? Their website says you must go thru an authorized dealer. No luck there I guess. I think I will send our contact another email to reconfirm they read the request correctly. It should be a simple, done deal you would think. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #4
MegaRam

Looks like you have the drawer face, all you need is some good pine 1x and a small sheet of 1/4" ply and you can build the drawer. That handle should be easy to find. I built drawers for my dinette, its simple to do. You can use your existing drawer as a template.

You can get the tilt out hinge for the one under the sink for more storage too.
MegaRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Try this site: http://www.trekwood.com/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:56 AM   #6
DocWMB

Seems that, if there are drawer slides in that space, you were shorted a drawer, and it should be covered under warranty.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:12 AM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

It sounds like the dealer may not have communicated well with Keystone. I'd call Keystone and ask if they even carried it to determine if it's a wild goose chase. If they do, then the dealer can step into the box and take another swing. John's suggestion of Trekwood is also a good one. Good luck.Click image for larger version

Name:	d7b78c3746b5457be3ba536e282ae8bf.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	16439

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:22 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

As John said Treckwood would be my first call. All the dealer had to do was ask Keystone for a replacement drawer, not additional.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #9
KTB

Thanks everyone! We contacted our dealer again and they pushed on keystone to get the drawer. Unfortunately we had to pay for it but didn’t care. Cost about $80 plus shipping. It must be an additional option since some we looked at prior to purchase had only one drawer and others had two. At this point we just wanted the extra storage. 🙂

Tags
336bhs, cougar, outdoor kitchen