Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #21
sandy43

I'm beginning to think it's in the shower wall. I'll pull the shower controls before taking the underbelly down. You would think they would do all these units the same, especially within the same model.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
I'm beginning to think it's in the shower wall. I'll pull the shower controls before taking the underbelly down. You would think they would do all these units the same, especially within the same model.
It's going to be "somewhere above the level of the toilet", so taking down the underbelly would be the very LAST resort !!! Thinking about it, on some older models with the shower in the corner of the bathroom (or really older ones) that had a bedroom/bath combo, there was an access panel in the living room, on the wall separating the bath from the living room, often in a cabinet with a "false backing" which was actually a removable panel to access the anti-siphon valve. So, go to the "lower level" and look for a cabinet that would share a common wall with the shower. See if maybe there's a 6'x6' panel on the back wall of that cabinet ???? If not, possibly inside the corner space behind the shower faucet. ????

All guesses, but I'm not inclined to even think it would be installed "low" in the holding tank area or in the basement near the coroplast underbelly, as that would defeat the anti-siphon capacity (if the valve failed).....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #23
canesfan

From what you described I'm going with in behind the shower stall. One of my previous rigs had it there. There was a round cover on the back wall of the shower that you unscrewed and it was in there. At least they had made it somewhat easy to access. If you don't have a cover or as John suggested a panel in the living room or whatever common wall, you might have to take the faucet off to access it. Not the best in design and practicality, but we all know how that goes with these things.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:15 AM   #24
hankaye

Tbos, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I always have a brass back flow preventer right between my black rinse specific hose and the TT. When I remove pressure it drips. Is it supposed to do that?
Yes. There is a check valve with a spring inside it and the dripping indicates
that the check valve has seated and then there are passages to allow the
pressure to dissipate otherwise there would be a hydraulic lock. That's your
dripping.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:06 PM   #25
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
Tbos, Howdy;

Yes. There is a check valve with a spring inside it and the dripping indicates

that the check valve has seated and then there are passages to allow the

pressure to dissipate otherwise there would be a hydraulic lock. That's your

dripping.

hankaye

Thanks Hank, I appreciate it.