Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
Dave W

Installed a new converter

The original converter fan started droning and vibrating so instead of trying to fix it, opted to replace it with one a size larger. Quiet reigns now

Super easy job as the power center already had that odd ball 20 amp receptacle and a 20 amp breaker. You do need to pull the power center free to reach the plug though but that's only 8 screws. The hardest part was wading through the, ahem, 'treasures' in the 5ers basement to get to the bulkhead that needs to come out for access. Overall, about an hours work including shoveling out those basement 'treasures'.

I also added some rubber grommets to isolate the device from the mounting deck.

Old converter - WYCO 9865 (I'll eventually install a new fan and put on my spare shelf).
New Converter - WYCO 9875

Best price when ordered was Makarios. Ordered it on Saturday and received it yesterday, Tuesday, installed today.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
twindad99

Re: Installed a new converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
The original converter fan started droning and vibrating so instead of trying to fix it, opted to replace it with one a size larger. Quiet reigns now

Super easy job as the power center already had that odd ball 20 amp receptacle and a 20 amp breaker. You do need to pull the power center free to reach the plug though but that's only 8 screws. The hardest part was wading through the, ahem, 'treasures' in the 5ers basement to get to the bulkhead that needs to come out for access. Overall, about an hours work including shoveling out those basement 'treasures'.

I also added some rubber grommets to isolate the device from the mounting deck.

Old converter - WYCO 9865 (I'll eventually install a new fan and put on my spare shelf).

New Converter - WYCO 9875

Best price when ordered was Makarios. Ordered it on Saturday and received it yesterday, Tuesday, installed today.

I've been very satisfied with the service from Makarios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk