Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
americanrascal

Control Panel Cougar 2013 318SAB My turn in the barrel

Was cleaning corrosion from battery posts and reconnected posts. Checked slides- bedroom slide and main driver side slide worked fine. I engaged the Galley/passenger side slide and it started going out and kept on going--- the slide would not quit and continued to ratchet at the stops no patter how hard,soft or often I hit the pressure switch on the panel. I managed to fire up the remote and got it to stop and retracted the slide. As soon as I released the remote switch- out went the slide on its own again!! Disconnected the battery with the red switch and it stopped.

Selling dealer is not nearby (+/- 500 miles) and called Keystone. Keystone customer service agreed there was a problem with the panel and I needed to get it to a dealer to look at it-- and there was a good chance the panel needed to be changed out. Only Keystone dealer within 100 miles is reluctant but has agreed "at some point down the road they'd try to fit it in".

After that reconnected battery and it worked fine, but I dare not run it with the batteries on lest I check the side view mirrors and see my lovely slides extended into the adjoining lane as I wiz down the interstate.

I fear if I am lucky enough to get the folks about 50 miles from here to look at the problem--- and the panel decides it wants to work on that particular day, that Keystone will leave me high and dry with a service bill.

If only they'd send me a new panel that I could drop in myself-- but they made clear that wasn't happening
americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanrascal View Post

After that reconnected battery and it worked fine, but I dare not run it with the batteries on lest I check the side view mirrors and see my lovely slides extended into the adjoining lane as I wiz down the interstate.
If you are concerned about the slides coming out while driving, cut two lengths of 2x4 that will fit between the wall and the slide facia/valence and place them in the space so that the slide cannot move. Remember to remove them when trying to extend the slides.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
fred1609

Given the history of those touch pads I would insist that the replacement be the older model rocker switches. The problem with the touch pad seems to go in and on.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanrascal View Post
If only they'd send me a new panel that I could drop in myself-- but they made clear that wasn't happening
Talk to your dealer and ask them if they will order it and then ship it to you. When we had control panel issues, our dealer said they would have done that and talked us through the process on the phone. However, if we messed something up, that would void the warranty. We ended up having them do it, but that might be an option for you if you want to do it yourself.