Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
RedRover

Keystone Solves Problem!

For as long as I have been RV'ing I have read numerous complaints on these forums about how the liquid level indicators in the holding tanks just don't work right.
Well Keystone has finally solved the problem. They just didn't put any tank level indicators in my new Cougar.
Took delivery yesterday on a 2014 Cougar 313RLI. Lying in bed this morning, contemplating the work of transferring "stuff" from old trailer to new trailer and it occurred to me that the dealer technician had not mentioned the tank level indicators. Well a through search this morning reveals that they don't exist on this unit.
Just as well cause they never work right anyway.
Is this the new standard on just Cougars? All Keystones? Just curious.
RedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Is it possible they have integrated them into the even more unreliable "Cougar Control Panel"?????
Isn't modern technology fantastic.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
MarkS

On my 2014 318SAB, it is integrated into the control panel. Mine is one of the touch panel type.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Is it possible they have integrated them into the even more unreliable "Cougar Control Panel"?????
Yep... not the best picture but you can see the lights above the rockers..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Cougar Control Panel.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	5117  
Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Unless something changed since we bought our 2014, it's there "somewhere". Ours is incorporated into the status/control center. Since we have the rocker switches, it's pretty easy to see, but the Cougars with the solid surface control center, unless the backlights are on, you probably won't even notice it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
RedRover

Well I'll be darned, there they are at the top of the "all in one" panel. So busy looking at the rocker switches that I didn't notice the tiny buttons at the top. That's the second mistake I've made this year and it's only February.
Thanks for the help and allowing me into the Keystone family.
RedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

We have all been there. Some times it is just overwhelming to take everything all in at once. Enjoy your new toy, Hank
We don't want to know what the first mistake was ...
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #8
fla-gypsy

Glad you found them but as you already know, they still don't work.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:28 AM   #9
Terry&Carol

Maybe it's just dumb luck, but in both my units they seem to work fine. I do perform a complete, lengthy wash out each time I dump the tanks, as well as the ice bag trick for the black tanks. That seems to do the best in getting all the solids out that may stick to the sides. And maybe a little over kill on the chem treatment. But both units work well when "I" pay attention to them and dump them when it tells me to. The DW was washing clothes in the Alpine and "I" (let me repeat "I") forgot to check that tank. Needless to say "I" scrubbed the carpets in the bedroom that day, and it did indicate the tank was full. I'm just tankful Keystone routed the plumbing for the washer into the gray tank. Makes up for the "Famous Mislabled Tanks" to begin wth. LOL
Terry&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #10
WaltBennett

About your washer drain - most times it's routed directly into the drain pipe, not a tank. You've got to be hooked up to use the washer, but you shouldn't ever have the overflow problem.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote