Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
pnwham

Indiana vs Oregon

I understand Keystone has manufacturing plants in both Indiana and Oregon. Does anyone know which models are made at which plant? Also, is there more than one plant in Indiana? If so, which models at which plant?

Just curious - Rich in NW Washington - waiting for delivery of a Montana HC 293RK assuming it is being made in Indiana
pnwham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to the Keystone website and pull up the brand you're interested in, you'll see the floorplans complete with specs... If the model number ends in WE, it is a "western edition" (built in Oregon) If, when you open the brand page (Cougar is one example) and scroll down, if you see a map of North America with blue/pink highlighting either the eastern or western half, the side you choose will open to models manufactured in that sector, (Oregon for western and Indiana for eastern). If you open a brand page and all the models are displayed, they all are built in Indiana (unless indicated differently) as you will find in Cougar Half Ton series. In the "features" section of the half ton webpage you'll find every section of the features is followed by "west" indicating they are built in the Oregon plant.

With the recent downsizing/reorganizing due to the economy in the past few years, I don't have an accurate account of which plants are still independent, which are consolidated to save money and which have recently opened as a new facility. At the last count I had (about 2 years old) Keystone had one plant in Oregon and 7 plants in Indiana, all located near Goshen and all in Elkhart County. That may have changed, and I have no idea which brands are built in any specific facility. If you're interested and do a search, there are a couple of U-Tube videos that show a customer tour through the Montana assembly plant. They are not current to model year but would give you a good indication of how Montana's are built.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
pnwham

Thanks for the info, John. I went to the Keystone site and reviewed all the models....looks like the only 5th wheels made in Oregon are Cougars. So I guess I was right in assuming my Montana High Country is being built in Indiana. No wonder the transportation charges and resulting prices are so high here in Washington state.
Rich
pnwham is offline   Reply With Quote