Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
wpolderman

How to open only 1 slide?

We have a 2008 3400RL Montana and want to only open the sofa/dining slide. There are 4 valves and we don't know which one is the correct one to open. The 5th wheel is in the barn and we don't want to open up the wrong one and hit a barn pole. The slides aren't marked. Can anyone help us?
wpolderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
tdawg

On my Alpine there are identifying tags above each knob to turn. To control which slides to operate strange that yours are not marked. I guess you could do 1 at a time just enough to see which slide moves. Then mark them
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpolderman View Post
We have a 2008 3400RL Montana and want to only open the sofa/dining slide. There are 4 valves and we don't know which one is the correct one to open. The 5th wheel is in the barn and we don't want to open up the wrong one and hit a barn pole. The slides aren't marked. Can anyone help us?
If I was in your shoes, I would close all valves.

Open the first valve and begin extending the slides - only one should move. When it begins, stop the motor by releasing the switch. Mark this valve with a Sharpee. Close this valve and repeat for all remaining valves.

You'd be best to have a helper who can watch one side of the RV for movement while you watch the other.

Even tho it's stored indoors, no slide should move fast enough for you to do this. You don't have to fully extend it. Just enough to know which one is moving.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
KYFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
If I was in your shoes, I would close all valves.

Open the first valve and begin extending the slides - only one should move. When it begins, stop the motor by releasing the switch. Mark this valve with a Sharpee. Close this valve and repeat for all remaining valves.

You'd be best to have a helper who can watch one side of the RV for movement while you watch the other.

Even tho it's stored indoors, no slide should move fast enough for you to do this. You don't have to fully extend it. Just enough to know which one is moving.
I would follow this advice.