Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
diana n bill 2013

Fridg

While camping at Twin Lakes in North Carolina this past week a discussion came up about camper refrigerators. Does it decrease the life of the refrigerator to leave it running on AC when RV not in use(camper always connected to ac)? Or should everything be turned off and camper unplugged when not in use? Thanks for your thoughts.
Diana
diana n bill 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 AM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana n bill 2013 View Post
While camping at Twin Lakes in North Carolina this past week a discussion came up about camper refrigerators. Does it decrease the life of the refrigerator to leave it running on AC when RV not in use(camper always connected to ac)? Or should everything be turned off and camper unplugged when not in use? Thanks for your thoughts.
Diana
My fridge is on 24x7x360

Less than 365 because I'll leave it off overnight once in a while to defrost
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
labs4life

I asked this same question a while back and my fridge has not been off since I bought the camper in December.
I need to keep beverages frosty on arrival. I would think the startup would be harder on the unit than just maintenance anyway.
Leave it on! Don't think you will see decreased life because of that. Full timers never shut theirs off either.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
TAZ23

I leave mine on as long as we are using it (summer). only turn it off over the winter months. Never had a problem.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote