Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
dmichael

Which Gray tank for washer?

Hi All,

I have a 2013 Alpine 3600RS which has two gray water tanks. I'm just adding a washer/dryer to the rig and have assumed that the washer drains into the tank that holds bath (sink & shower) gray water rather than the kitchen gray water. Does anyone know for sure that this is the case?

Thanks,
Dana
dmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
EricLynnAllison

My washer dryer is in the rear garage behind the kitchen sink. So it drains into the sink grey water tank.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
sdetweil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2013 Alpine 3600RS which has two gray water tanks. I'm just adding a washer/dryer to the rig and have assumed that the washer drains into the tank that holds bath (sink & shower) gray water rather than the kitchen gray water. Does anyone know for sure that this is the case?

Thanks,
Dana
I'm pretty sure that with the washer in the front bedroom closet, the drain will be to the front bath grey tank. One thing we know for sure, they don't overspend for the basics on these trailers.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Something to be careful about - there's a LOT of lint that drains out of them. Because of that, a lot of people have them plumbed directly into the drain pipe and not into a tank (where there's the chance of it eventually clogging it up). You can only use the washer/drier when you've got a sewer hookup, but that's not a big deal.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #5
Keywestparrothead

I have the 3750FL and mine drains directly into the main drain pipe, bypassing the 2 grey tanks I have. I found this out the hard way when my bathroom flooded during the washer usage and a mostly full bath grey tank . The quick way to verify would be to leave all your pull valves closed and attach your sewer pipe with a clear adapter, so you can see the water flow thru, and then run a load of laundry (make sure your grey tanks are empty just in case).

2015 Ford F450 KR CC
2010 Montana 3750FL
------------------------
Previous addictions...
2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU
Keywestparrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
dmichael

Wow, bypasses the gray tanks altogether?...never considered they might have set it up this way. Anyone else able to confirm whether this is the case with Alpines and newer units?

I guess the best way to test this is to put a garden hose in the washer drain pipe, turn it on, open the drain cap and see if the water comes out.
dmichael is offline   Reply With Quote