Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
REDavis

Semi-New guy in Kansas

My wife (Ruth) and I just traded our 2003 Mountaineer TT in on a 2013 Cougar 5th Wheel. Tow with a 2006 F350 Dually Crew Cab Diesel. Here's a photo of the truck and Mountaineer together with my Polaris Ranger on the rack in the truck bed:

Forgot to take pictures of the truck and 5th wheel together, but some photos of the trailer are posted here:
http://www.kansascas.com/cougar.htm

Since my wife's truck already had a B&W turnover ball hitch to pull her gooseneck horse trailer, I put the B&W turnover hitch in my truck and paired it with the B&W Companion hitch. That way, we can tow either trailer with either truck.

Were currently planning a trip, probably to the Colorado mountains, for next summer with our 2 kids and 6 grandkids and hopefully a bunch of shorter trips closer to home. Since we're within spittin' distance of the Ozarks in Missouri and some National Forests in Arkansas, weekend trips should be pretty easy.

Hope to get some great info and ideas from you all. Good to meet you.

Randy
REDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
aburns20

Welcome!

I too have a Polaris Ranger but never would have thought of towing the way you have there!

We traded in our old TT and got a 5er that is a Toy Hauler. Now my other toy is safely tucked away inside the bigger toy!

Enjoy and welcome to the forum!
aburns20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Randy,

Welcome to you and Ruth. It sounds like you've got some trailer towing experience under your belt already and the way you tote your Polaris is really neat. We have a RZR that we sometimes tow behind the fifth wheel locally (for deer hunting, mushrooming, etc).

Your pending trips to the Rockies sound like a great family trip. I'm sure you look forward to spending quality time with the grandkids.

Again, welcome to the forum, look around and join in, we anticipate hearing lots from you about the future trips.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote