Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #1
Pull Toy

X chocks

I have found that after a few days on a gravel site, our 39 footer starts to rock a bit even with the lippert 6 way. Will x chocks help at all, or am I better off just resetting the jacks?

Good luck, Happy camping,
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I think you're better off resetting the jacks...initially. Ours does the same when on top of gravel that isn't packed like concrete. The wiggling that the jacks absorb work the gravel down and things get a little loose. That said, our winter site is that way and I'm taking my xchocks this go round. After I set up and get my initial level I'm going to put them between the tires. I have the 4 point system and of course the tires are still part of what the trailer is sitting on, the same would be true for the 6 point (but probably better). I'm hoping that once set and the xchocks placed it will reduce the amount of "wiggle" the tires allow which is then transmitted to the levelers which then "wiggle" the gravel around...Whew! Hope that makes sense. Anyway, figure it won't hurt to try and see.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

I use x-chocks but on gravel sites my stabilizers will loosen up after about 3 days. This occures with greater frequency when we have our grandchildren staying with us. I also use plastic pads under the stabilizers to distribute the weight over a larger area. That seems to help as well in my experience.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
hawghauler

My trailer is old (08) I have power front jacks and 9k scissor jacks I use wooden blocks made from 2×10 lumber when on soft dirt or loose gravel I need to tighten everything upevery 2-3 days more often if rain is a factor

Let's be blunt I have 15000 pounds on about 3 square feet of surface area it's going to settle
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote