Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2022, 05:15 PM   #21
Life-in-Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I’m assuming you meant the hitch in the truck is as high as it will go or the king pin is as low as it will go to provide rail clearance.

The best way to lift anything is with the springs. I don’t know if you can find any company that provides an arched spring that would provide more lift and I don’t know how that would work with the double axle design since it would change all the geometry. Works great with a single axle, but a spring with more arch will be longer when it flattens out and probably wouldn’t work well with rv suspension.

That basically leaves you with adding block between the springs and axles with longer u bolts. I’m assuming the springs are already above the axles. If the springs are below the axles, you can flip that and put the springs above the axles, that will add about 4” of lift. Just be careful when lifting an RV, just like anything else, it makes them more too heavy. Also, check the height before lifting so you know how far you can go and still be under 13’6”
Had to lift our Cougar since there was less than 1" clearance top of tires to base of floors.
Dealer put in 2" square blocks over the axles & longer U bolts. Now we don't rip the covering. We also installed sheet aluminum to stop wear & retain waterproofing.
Been good for 2+ years.
CR3000 pivots replaced the factory shackles giving almost another inch.
No marks on the aluminum now.
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:47 AM   #22
GMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I installed trailer blocks several years ago and this made a world of difference with our rig. The load is balanced between the axles now, braking seems better as well as handling. This is the link to the kit I used, and went with the 2" blocks The dollar amount is Canadian, so US Dollars will be much less. https://www.trailerblocks.com/collec...ing-tie-plates
If those blocks are aluminum I would swap them out for steel ones. Preferably tack welded to the axle pads. I used to go 4-wheeling with a guy who had aluminum lift blocks on his Suzuki Samurai. They got pulverized and he spit them out on the trail.