Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2022, 05:08 AM   #1
doninbcs

fresh water fill from city water

Hi I have a 2020 Keystone Laredo 255SRL It is the strangest thing I can turn on the fresh tank fill valve and hear the water going into the fresh tank then I cut it off and hear it stop then a couple of days later the fresh tank goes from a third to full so even though I hear the water cut off the valve must not be completely shut off and a slow amount is going into the tank. Any thoughts
doninbcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:45 AM   #2
HouseMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by doninbcs View Post
Hi I have a 2020 Keystone Laredo 255SRL It is the strangest thing I can turn on the fresh tank fill valve and hear the water going into the fresh tank then I cut it off and hear it stop then a couple of days later the fresh tank goes from a third to full so even though I hear the water cut off the valve must not be completely shut off and a slow amount is going into the tank. Any thoughts
Just a guess here. But, I would suspect the selector valve "City Water or Tank Fill" Valve may be leaking. Just a guess or at least that is where I would start looking.
HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:18 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Either the fresh/fill valve is leaking or the water pump is allowing water to enter the FW tank.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #4
HouseMouse

Although I agree it may be the City/Tank fill valve leaking... try Cycling the Valve on and off a few times, it may have some debris in the valve stopping it from fully closing. just a thought.
Old 08-02-2022, 10:08 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Damage to the fresh/fill valve typically occures when you flip it from one output to another without first turning off the water. When the valve was partially open the water pressure would unseat the "O" ring and water would then bypass from one port to another.

The FW pump will often leak water back into the tank if the pump has picked up construction debris, usually plastic shavings from drilling the tank. Sometimes running the pump will clear it and installing a strainer on the suction side of the pump will prevent further issues.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #6
doninbcs

I have turned the valve on and off several times and when I turn it on the pressure noise is there and when I turn it off it seems to stop cold but obviously it does not, I wonder if there is a backflow somewhere. I took the side panel board off and there are dozens of connections, but the valve is a small white plastic that is round to change it out could possibly create more problems with leaks. Maybe I could take the white flex hose that I think is the feed line to the tank and cut it and put an inline shut off.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
HouseMouse

How about disconnecting the line and see if water is flowing to the tank or not, While the suspect valve is in the city water position and not the tank fill position. "If" water is seeping past and onto the tank, you will know without slicing and dicing the water lines. You may have to plug or pinch off the tank line so the water in the tank doesn't back flow out the disconnected line.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #8
doninbcs

I did not realize you were not supposed to turn operate the valve with pressure from the city line. The book says to turn the valve then turn on the city water turn the city water off then turn the valve off. You would think it wouldn't matter but possibly an o ring moved
Old 08-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #9
nosnow

Fresh Water Fill From City Water

My Avalanche uses an Anderson 4-way valve in the water closet. A few years ago it failed and started filling the fresh water take to capacity, then it would flow out the overflow. When I replaced the 4-way valve cartridge, I ensure i only turn it clockwise and never under pressure. I've had no issues since, but still carry a spare cartridge.
Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 airbags
nosnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water