Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2022, 08:57 PM   #1
Jarvis

Rv comfort zc thermostat problems

Hey all I am new here I just purchased a 2016 keystone carbon 327 and have had noting but issues with it. It’s a duel zone Rv comfort zc thermostat (without the fuse) and it will lock me out where I can not do anything with the thermostat and will shut my ac units off? I keep researching and someone on here (graytrain) put something on a form about single wiring between units being a issue? It don’t appear he’s active on this form anymore. I called Rv comfort and they told me that it’s “noise” in my 12v system Please someone help me. It’s a brand new replacement thermostat and still having the issue. Is this not a common thing?
Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:59 AM   #2
ChuckS

I would try a Reset in the thermostat first

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:33 AM   #3
Jarvis

I have tried to reset it. I went through all the steps disconnecting from power dissconnting the battery power I have even unwired the thermostat and it will leave me locked out. I have unplugged everything in the camper to try to prevent RFI. The only thing I have found that will work is to just let it set for hours and it will start working again? This is extreamly aggervateing
Old 08-01-2022, 04:22 AM   #4
ChuckS

If it were mine then I would use a meter and ohm out each wire end to end..you will need a long jump wire to oh, from thermostat end up to roof control module

If all the wires ohm good with low resistance then I would be asking for a new thermostat as the next step

Also make certain the 12 volt DC source to the thermostat is good and check the ground wire for the 12 volt source

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #5
Jarvis

I appreciate the response and I will try that. I even considered switching out the thermostat to a differnt brant if these Rv comforts are this sensitive. I was just curious if anyone has had this issue and could save me some time