Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
frbrown74

2020 bullet 261rbswe

I can hear the water pump in the bedroom on the driver's side, but don't see access to it. Does anyone know how to access it? Also, my main concern is finding the water heater bypass valves. The dealer said it was behind the panel under the oven, but when I took the panel off there was nothing there. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks.
frbrown74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

From the floorplan, it looks like if you take out the bottom two drawers in the galley (between the sink and the range) you should see the back of the water heater just to your left as you're looking into the space. It will look something like this photo, but there will probably be a lot of "stuff" between you and the water heater. On some floorplans, you might be able to access the back of the water heater from under the sink. Open the cupboard door, look to the right and see if there is an access hole in the panel. If not, remove the drawers to see.

As for the water pump, it is in the carpeted box along the side of the main bed. You might get lucky and have an access panel inside the bed base storage area, or you may have to look for 4 screws "buried" in the carpet top to that box. Remove the screws and the top will "hinge up" to access the water pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER ONE WAY VALVE.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	39180  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
dutchmensport

If your model does not have a convenience center, which is does not, then your water heater bypass will be at the water heater. You could have 1 of three types of by pass systems. Single valve that uses a secondary check valve you don't see, two valves, or 3 valves.

If can cannot find ready access to the water heater from the inside, then note where the water heater is located on the outside. The inside access has to be in that same location. You most likely will need to remove a panel to get to it.

Your water pump can be located simply by turning the pump on and follow the noise.

Hope this helps:

Single valve:

2 valves:

3 valves:

Old 04-20-2022, 08:52 AM   #4
EagleDeerGuy

Sometimes I have found the water pump under the driver's side bedroom night stand. You may have to lift up the bed to get at some of the screws.
EagleDeerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet