Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #1
ToriG

2017 Laredo 330RL Question

Hi, we just purchased a 2017 Laredo 330RL that will be delivered next Wed and we are wondering if there is anything under the bed that would prevent us from removing the whole box and putting a twin size bed frame and mattress in place of it as my 93 year old mother in law will be residing in the unit. Also cannot find anywhere on a google search for the measurements of the bedroom slide, any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks!
ToriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Couple observations... that camper is over 37' long. You will need a real good hitch to keep swaying under control. With a hitch weight of about 1300 at the trailer's gross weight you will need a truck with a payload north of 2000 lbs and it makes sense to have a heavier and longer truck as this trailer is no lightweight. Next thing is, not sure where you live and camp but a 37' trailer will need two air conditioners if outside temps are north of 80F especially if you are not in full shade.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

I had a 2017 330RL before our current unit. It has two air conditioners. The bedroom slide is 60x80 as shown on the floor plan screen shot below. I towed it with my 2014 Chevy 3500 SRW long bed and a Blue Ox Swaypro hitch. I bought the hitch on Craigslist for $250 and it was awesome. Truck felt like there was nothing back there…NEVER any sway. It was a pleasure to tow. I had to learn the hard way about making turns with a long trailer in tow (story for another day). The 330RL has cable slides. I used slideout stabilizers under the two big living room slides and it made a huge difference in the trailer shake. Those stabilizers are frowned upon in this forum for reasons I agree with - we only used them when the complete rig was on concrete or asphalt and the stabilizers were snugged up ever so slightly. I am not advocating for slideout stabilizers - I am only sharing my experience with my 330RL. We did not like that we could not watch TV from the dining table. The toilet was installed incorrectly at the factory and the bathroom floor rotted. It was replaced under warranty (which was a very unpleasant process) but DW lost confidence in the unit and we found our current unit at the Fort Worth RV Show, and here we are today with our Montana.

If you want to turn the queen bed into a twin - you will need to leave the bottom platform of the slide in place. She will always have to step up on the platform, then onto the twin mattress. DW suggested it might be easier to get rid of the rear couch and put the twin there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA382253-E163-4CD6-9E75-399170DBC7DF.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	39271   Click image for larger version

Name:	D3739923-EDFA-4D30-9323-4614745661C0.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	39272  
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy